COVID and Winning the Euros <3

The beginning of Euros was just about to start, Beth was in England camp and Viv was in Netherlands camp. Every night before they'd go to sleep Beth and Viv would face time, some nights they'd even fall asleep on call with each other, but on the nights they didn't they'd cuddle up to their matching teddies which they'd bought each other, Beth's was called Elio and Viv's was called Sage.

On July the 12th, Viv had a COVID test at the Netherlands camp and it came back positive, she was isolated by herself in her room and she felt dreadful. She had messaged Beth to say she had tested positive, Viv lied and told her she was perfectly fine so that Beth wouldn't worry too much. Beth had the day off and was in her room before the full team went for a walk, so she phoned Viv. When Viv answered, "Hi baby," Beth smiled, "Hey angel," Viv said groggily, "I thought you said you were fine?" Beth asked, "Well I didn't want you to worry." Viv smiled, "Aw baby, you don't have to lie to me," Beth said, the couple stayed on face time for another 30 minutes, before Beth had to leave for her walk, "If you need anything ring, I love you," Beth said, "Thank you, I love you too." And with that the phone was hung up.

Viv fell asleep with Sage snuggled next to her, Sage even smelt like Beth, it was a comforting reassurance that even tho Beth wasn't with her in person, she'd be with her through her teddy.

The next couple of days were spent with Viv in bed and phoning Beth or watching the TV, there wasn't really a lot to do in the space of 4 walls.

After a week Viv was retested for COVID and it came back negative, she was back in training and was back playing time for the game against Switzerland, she played for the full 120 minutes and just after coming back from COVID, Beth was anxious about whether or not Viv would be okay.

At the end of the game, Viv went back to the changing rooms and began to catch her breath. When she did she went back to the pitch to clap the fans.

When Viv was back in her room, Beth had messaged her to see how she was, Viv responded saying she was okay and just tired.

*Time skip*

The Netherlands had been knocked out of the Euros, while although she was heartbroken and distraught, she was immensely proud her girlfriend and how much she desevered to be there.

It was the day of Euros final, Viv was in the stands with Beth's family wearing an England shirt which she had been forced to wear otherwise she wasn't allowed to come to the game. When the whistle went the game started, Viv was on the edge of her seat for majority of it.

When the final whistle went and England won, Viv felt all sorts of emotions, she was so proud of her girlfriend and the team, they all desevered this so much, they had won the Euros on home soil. She knew what that feeling was and she was glad they got to experience it.

Beth made her way up to the stands with the trophies, she embraced her Mum, Dad and brother. Knowing that their relationship was still unknown to the public, Beth gave a hug that wasn't confirming anything, "I'm so proud of you bubs," Viv whispered in her ear, Beth smiled and the made her way back down the pitch to continue celebrating with the girls.

After the pitch celebrations were over Beth made her way into the changing rooms where the celebrations continued. When they left the changing room and headed back to the hotel for the after party with their families and friends, Beth saw Viv on the table with her parents. Beth saw the trophy free and grabbed and took it over to her family for the pictures.

Beth sat herself on Viv's lap, Viv placed one hand on Beth's thigh and one hand around her back, Viv rested her head Beth's shoulder, "I'm so proud of you, there is no one more deserving," Viv whispered into Beth's ear, Beth smiled, "I love you baby," "I love you more." Beth had her picture taken with Viv and the trophy and with her family.

As the celebrations continued and drinks began to flow more regularly, Beth wanted to dance with Viv. Beth was on the dance floor with her friends, then a slow song came on, Beth made her way over to her parents table and pulled Viv out of her seat and took her to the dance floor, Beth placed her hands around Vivs neck and the placed Viv placed her arms around Beth's waist, they began to sway from side to side, to the beat of the music. Beth leant up to Viv her was smiling at her, she placed a gentle passionate kiss on Viv's lips.