back again

━━━━━━━━━━━♡♡♡━━━━━━━━━━━

Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly the year, the war ended. The morning of the first of September was crisp and golden as an apple. 

"Mae," the voice of Mary Peters echoed in the empty corridor as she called her daughter.

"Coming Mum."

Mabel's voice could be heard as she walked out down the wooden stairs of their house, her satchel lazily clinging on her shoulder and her trunk flying behind her. The purple top's first two buttons were undone, revealing a little bit of her cleavage. Mary eyed her daughter but didnt say anything. Her daughter was old enough to dress as such.

"Ready?" 

Mary asked as Mabel nodded and the duo apparated to the King's Cross station. The mother-daughter duo bobbed across the rumbling road towards the great sooty station, the fumes of car exhausts and the breath of pedestrians sparkled like cobwebs in the cold air.

"Are you coming to the the platform?" Mabel asked her mother.

"I wish, I could. But I've to be in the ministry now," Mary sighed.

"It's alright, Mum. I will see you again... on Christmas."

"Yes, love. Now be good and enjoy your last year to the fullest."

"Don't worry Mum. I will."

"Go now. I'll leave too."

"Bye, Mum" as soon as Mabel waved her mother, she disapparated. 

Mabel sighed and walked in the wall between platform 9 and 10 and got on platform  9¾.  It felt good to come back on the platform again. The magestic scarlet train stood there, its steam flowing mixing with the warm air. Young and old wizards and witches were filled on the platform. Mabel walked towards carrying her trunk as she bumped with Ginny.

"Ginny!" Mabel beamed.

"Oh my god, Mae! How are you?" the ginger hugged the blonde.

"I am good. How have you been?"

"It was tough and then we all came around."

"I am so sorry... after that day, I didnt contact with any one of you. Not you, Luna, Olivia and Astoria."

"Hey, its alright. you went through many things. I understand."

"Thank you."

"Come on now. Let's board. Our last year have to be the best."

"It will be."

Boarding the train, Mabel walked in a compartment as Ginny went to sit with her friends. The blonde witch sat there and looked outside the window as the door slided open, revealing a dark haired girl.

"Liv!" Mabel jumped up from her seat and hugged her best friend, Olivia Higgs.

"Mae, I missed you so much and you didn't care to send me a letter," Olivia spoke, still hugging her friend.

"I missed you too and I am sorry. I didnt contact with any of you. Its that... uh things were a bit different."

"Its okay, Mae."

"We know," Astoria's voice echoed in the compartment as the brunette slided the door and walked in and hugged her two friends.
"And that's why, I brought this," Astoria hold up two bottles of firewhiskeys to show her friends.

"No way, you did that," Mabel gasped.

"For the first day of last year!" Astoria smirked which was cut off by the loud whistle of the train.

"Let the journey begin."

━♡

Walking up the thestrals, Mabel rubbed one of their's head before hopping on the carriage. Olivia and Astoria was also with her along with a fourth year hufflepuff girl.
The carriage started and soon the air brushed her face as her hair flew backwards. The ride was quiet as Mabel looked around while her two best friends bickered.

Upon reaching the main gate, they were soon ushered to the great hall, for the sorting of the first years and welcoming feast. Mabel walked in the great hall and sniffed in the sweet aroma before walking towards the slytherin table. She looked over to see Ginny and Luna and waved at the two girls.

Mabel sat down with Olivia beside her and Astoria across her. She looked at the teachers' table to see the old faces and a few new ones. She saw someone, tall, slender body with a mop of blonde hair. She couldn't see their face as their back was facing her.
Mabel watched as Mcgonagall and Flitwick carried on with the sorting of the first years. A new first year who was sorted in slytherin came ans sat beside her. The blonde passed the younger girl a smile.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts," Headmistress Mcgonagall started.
"Now before the meal appears, there are some announcements. First the prefects from the four houses. Professor Sprout, if you may."
Sprout walked up on the podium and announced the prefects names.

"And for slytherin, they are Mabel Peters and Samuel Daveson."

The students in green robes cheered as a few choruses of congratulations passed on. Mabel looked over to see Ginny wearing her Prefect pin on her robes and she did the same. The ginger passed the blonde girl a smile

"Now now," Mcgonagall called.
"As to be known, Professor Slughorn is at temporary leave and in his absence, Potions will be attended by one of our old students, Draco Malfoy. Hoping he will do justice to this post."

A silence prevailed along the hall as a few gasps could be heard. Mabel looked at the teachers table and her eyes met the steel grey ones of Draco Malfoy. She looked away and realised the one she saw some minutes ago was none other than Draco Malfoy, ex death-eater.

"...and defence against the dark arts will be taken by Professor Greg Newton," Mcgonagall breathed.
"Let the feast began."

Foods appeared on the table but Mabel was still in a daze. She served herself by taking some roasted duck and mashed potatoes on her plate as Samuel passed her a goblet of pumpkin juice.
Mabel didnt eat. She was starving but instead she played with her food. She didnt feel like eating.

"Whats wrong, Mae?" Astoria asked.

"Nothing. I just zoned out," the blonde replied, shoving a spoon of mashed potatoes in her mouth.

"Draco Malfoy is the new potions teacher," Samuel spoke.
"And look the girls are already squealing."

"I am not squealing," Astoria huffed.

"But I am looking forward to attend his class," Olivia exhaled.

"Professor Malfoy," Mabel whispered.