Preparation

Oh my love. I just loved watching each of you find your invitations. I'm so excited to get the game going. I'm here at the mansion now checking things over. There are a few things left to do to set up some of the events.

First, I have purchased cell phones for each of you. You will be required to surrender your personal phones when you enter the mansion. The phones I will give you have the number of each of the phones programmed in so you can communicate with one another if you get lost. But, most importantly, they will let me communicate with you in an anonymous manner. It is essential for me to communicate with you as the games progress.

Second, rigging the wiring. Now, I'm not the most skilled at electrician work. Well, to be honest, I'm not skilled in this at all. But, I did my research and think I have it down fine. It's surprisingly not that hard to rig wiring so that the lights flicker occasionally. It sets the ambience so to speak. What's a haunted house without flickering lights.

Third, sound system. It took quite the upgrade to the wiring as well to support the sound system I had to install. It will be worth it to hear the soundtrack I have in mind. What else do haunted houses have? Creaking floors, slamming doors, wind whistling through windows, and screams. It's going to be great. If I didn't have other purposes for this night it would have been fun to enjoy the spookiness together with your friends.

Fourth, special effects. This is comprised of fog machines, a fake cemetery in the back yard, and fake blood. Thankfully it is the time of year for spook houses. I was able to steal all I needed from one a couple of towns over. Sure, I could have gone through one we have in this town, but I felt it would raise less suspicion if it was not from here.

And fifth, the dinner. Thankfully you aren't a picky eater. I can't say the same for your friends. A vegetarian, someone allergic to peanut (could come in handy), and another who doesn't eat sweets. I'll let you guess who's who. Also, I'm not really a chef. My normal meals consist of ramen noodles and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I'm really living large when it's BLT time. I was able to look up some recipes that should suit everyone, though. I'll have to practice on them before serving them. Wouldn't want to disappoint the company. Maybe the ritzy place settings will help detract from the food if it's horrible.

I hope that no one ever searches my browsing history on my computer. That could pose some issues for me to explain away, haha. Mama said I should have contracted the wiring work out. That would just mean more people I would have to buy silence from. Contrary to what the reward money insinuates, I don't have loads of cash sitting around. I won't have access to my trust fund from my grandparents for a while. Don't worry, we can make do until then honey.

Well, I think this will have to do for now. I really have to get to work. I can't do anything to raise suspicion this close to D-Day. I hoped you liked the rose I left for you in your backpack. It was tricky to slip it in there without you noticing. But, I wanted to do something special for you. Consider it an early apology. I chose the most beautiful one I could find. Just like choosing you.