006

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

the priest

the priest

The group had walked away from the fire, so that they could get as far away as they could from Terminus and the smoke

Just the reminder of Terminus made Juniper feel sick to her stomach, she assumed it was too good to be true, but she never thought it would've been that bad.

Now she knows there are a lot more psychotic people that she realised, who are willing to do anything to inflict pain on others. They may not have hurt her physically, but it has mentally.

She's going to remember this forever, sometimes she forgets she's just a kid and is allowed to get scared sometimes. She was rushed into growing up quickly once the apocalypse had hit, which had resulted in her witnessing and doing things no child should ever have to see and do.

Even though they were now far away from the fire the atmosphere was really humid, causing Juniper's worn out grey flannel to stick against the skin of her arms. The slight breeze passing through them, didn't help much, as they were still feeling all sticky from the heated fumes in the air.

They stopped for a minute so that they could feed the baby and rest their legs, since they've been walking for a while. Juniper stood leaning against a tree, looking over the group, before her eyes locked with Carl's, she sent him a smile, which she received back.

"You think he's cute, don't you?" Rosita asked, smirking down at her.

Juniper turned her head to Rosita and she felt her face flush in embarrassment, but it went as quick as it came, leaving no evidence that it was there in the first place, leaving Juniper to blame it on the scolding weather.

"No, I don't" she replied, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Whatever you say" Rosita hummed, before walking off, leaving Juniper to question whether she did or not.