limerence {sanzu haruchiyo} pt. 2

Oh, God.

That's the first time you have heard him speak and my goodness his voice was so attractive.

It's not deep but it's not that high pitched either. It's just at the right amount of mellow and calm in it. You were sure to keep on thinking what his voice would sound like and it was exactly how you imagined it.

Well guess that one turns out true.

It's just him feeling the same way as you are that wouldn't ever be.

He then suddenly handed you the box in his hands and at first you were not sure whether to take it or not but as you looked back at him,he was gesturing his chin to the box to you, asking you to take it already.

So you subtly put in the self defence keychain in the pocket of your jeans, hoping that he wouldn't notice that he was about to get pepper sprayed. Then, you took the box from him and as you gazed on it, you asked, "You make these?"

A scoff came out from him and he grinned, "Nice of you to think that I can make cupcakes in the first place."

Did he just...smiled?

Oh goodness, please stop this monstrosity. Can he just get out of here real quick?

You don't like the state that you're in. You don't like yourself when you're with him. It's like you have no backbone to make yourself stand up straight and firm.

Like they always say, get out of the situation where you don't like yourself in it.

And you sure are not having it with him.

"Well...anyone has unexpected talent, you know." You don't know why you say that, but you just don't want to make it obvious that you're uncomfortable with his presence as it actually was putting you on a chokehold if you were daring enough to admit it. So maybe saying something that's kind of friendly will help.

"I bought it from the bakery downstairs, of course." His reply was slightly insulting as if you're stupid for not figuring it out.

Right.

The name of the bakery was at the sides of the opaque white box and coincidentally, you visited it just now but refuse to buy any because yet again, it's all because of him.

You don't want to be overly obsessed over this stranger that you barely even know.

So you are trying your best to not feed yourself to it. Sometimes 'going for it' is not the right thing to do and running away is better instead.

"Oh. I see," You nodded your head as if it was surprising information to know. So then you just plainly said "Thank you,"

Guess this was cue for you to get the fuck away from his face.

I mean, thank God, you're in your own apartment. You can just slam the door in front of his face at any moment and leave the situation when you want to.

So now it was the right moment.

As you were about to shut your door, something had resisted it to go further.

And you were in shock when you saw his arm that was between the gaps of the door, stopping you from closing it.

"Woah, woah. Just that?" He was starting to present himself differently. More to like a playful side of him. But honestly, what else was he expecting you to say?

Does he want you to bow to him like he's a God as a sign of gratitude for a box of cupcakes?

Does he want you to act like a down bad girl to him and giggle obnoxiously at him?