Day 4: "Wake Up"

Prompt:
Childhood friends
Taking the poison
Royalty AU

Roksu watched in horror as Cale start having a coughing fit and fell on the ground, convulsing and holding his neck. The chairs clattered, silverware fell to the dirty floor along with the foods yet none of those mattered.

"CALE!" Roksu immediately went to Cale's side and screams out for the doctor.

Blood was flowing out of Cale's mouth and his face was so much paler than he usually was. Cale looked like he was in great pain and it was all Roksu's fault. If only he didn't exchange his cake with Cale. If he didn't do that, then atleast Cale wouldn't be in pain like right now.

The doctor seems to be taking forever to come and he was left with a convulsing Cale on the floor and his thoughts full of future he didn't want to think of.

"Rok..su.."A small voice called out.

Roksu's eyes widen in shock as he looked down to see Cale smiling at him. Even when he was full of blood, he still look attractive.Nevermind that, Cale was calling for him.

"It's..the first time..I saw such..an expression..on you.." Cale said weakly as he put a hand on his cheek. "I'll..be fine.." Soon after that, Cale closed his eyes and lost consciousness.

Roksu was unsure if his fiance and childhood friend is simply reassuring him with empty promise or he was speaking the truth. Either way it was horrible to see him having a hard time to say a full sentence and now he's unconscious with no telling when or if he'll wake up.

After what felt like eternity, the doctor came rushing in along with Cale's father. What happened after that was a blur to Roksu and the wetness he feel on his cheek went ignored.

For the first time, Roksu prayed.

"God..please let Cale wake up. I can't live without him.."

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"Father, may I marry him instead?"

Everyone in the room was reduced to total silence. His father was blinking once, twice and then he turned his head between the Crossman family and Cale.

"Me?" The one Cale pointed to ask.

"Yes, you!" Cale nodded while smiling brightly.

The boy with black hair blinked dumbly as he tilted his head.

Cale Henituse was supposed to be engaged with the eldest son of the Crossman family, Alver Crossman. Of course, the two party can either agree or disagree with the arrangement. Even so, it's practically unheard of for someone to reject a prince as their partner. Even more so when it's the first prince who has more potential to be the heir of family.

"C-Cale,son, are you sure? If you don't wish to be engaged to first prince we could simply--" Deruth tried to explain just in case that his son thought that he has to be engaged to the first prince.

"I'm sure,father. Pardon my insolence Your Highness, however I believe you are not my type of person. You are simply too dazzling for my eyes to stare at all the time." Cale said straight to the point as he stared right at at Alver.

The one Cale is interested with was the Fourth Prince, Roksu Crossman. He was the only member of the Crossman family that is adopted. Due to him not only being the fourth but also an adopted child, he had little to no power in the family. The only power he had was that the blood of the Crossman running in him and his name.