chapter 4. la la baby

chapter 4.
la la baby
chapter song : l.a. baby

Jennie stepped off of the bus with a gasp, taking note of the sunny skies of California

Jennie stepped off of the bus with a gasp, taking note of the sunny skies of California. She looked around in awe at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and all the people who walked by.

Adam nudged Jennie's shoulder as she looked around in awe, "Woah." She breathed out, taking his arm in hers until she noticed Julie trying to talk to Dean. Jennie glanced at her friend, who flushed red having been caught.

Jennie shoved her the larger boy beside her and over to the blonde, Julie glared at her but took her chance to talk to Dean. Dean looked at Jennie in slight confusion at the push but took the chance to talk to Julie.

The girl hung around on the side of the group, looking around aimlessly, a bright grin on her face when she crashed into someone. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry."

Jennie apologized, crouching down to help pick up the things the person had dropped. None of the ducks seemed to have noticed her stop, to engrossed in the newness of where they were.

"Oh ugh no problem." Jennie froze hearing the male voice, she glanced up in surprise. She froze seeing the beautiful boy in front of her, he was blonde, bright eyes and a cute smile. His hair was a little messy and there was dimples on his face.

Jennie was a sucker for a cute smile and dimples.

"I'm um um Jennie- Jennie Banks, Team USA hockey." She stumbled over her words as she handed over the papers she had dropped. He grinned at her before taking the papers from her, "I'm David Durango, Team USA baseball."

The pair stared at each other for a minute before someone called out to David, apparently his team, who all made eyes at him while motioning to Jennie. The girl blushed, "I-I should go find my team."

David nodded his head, smiling at her, "They went that way." Jennie nodded waving goodbye to him and his team who excitedly waved to her. She hurriedly made her way through the crowd to find her team.

"Jennie! Here!" The girl looked up to find Bombay and her slightly worried Ducks. "You guys ditched me and I totally embarrassed myself." Jennie whined rushing towards her brother who took notice of her red hot face.

Adam wrapped his arms around her, patting her head, "Guys keep an eye on Jennie, she goes missing very easily." Charlie informed the group, who nodded their heads at the jokey tone Charlie had.

"What happened?" Jesse asked the girl, who was still buried in her brothers arm. "I crashed into a super cute guy and I stuttered my way through the conversation and then his teammates showed up and I wanna be buried right here!"

She pointed at the ground beside her without even looking. "Ooh he must have been really cute to have you stuttering." Connie joked, taking Jennie's arm as she pulled her away from Adam, who was already looking at Charlie.