2. Hot Chocolate

The girl stirred and woke up, pushing Jeisa out of her thoughts. They watched the sun work to rise.

"I live a few blocks from here." said the girl.

Jeisa had known that this wasn't going to last, but she'd hoped for a few more minutes in the girl's presence, if only to bask in her beauty and intoxicating, sweet scent. This was the closest she'd come to being intimate with anyone – parked at a gorgeous lookout point, relaxed in her warm, cozy truck's cabin next to this stunning stranger, watching the yolk-yellow sun rise through the watery, cloudy skies of a brisk early autumn morning and colouring the blazing orange leaves that speckled the trees around them.

She wanted to feel cheated that not much more had happened between them, but Jeisa knew that this sweet moment would be indelibly etched into her memory forever.

"I'll drop you off at the main road." Jeisa finally said as she started the truck again. "You can keep the jacket to walk home."

"I don't really want to." said the girl.

"It's okay." Jeisa shrugged, turning to look behind as she reversed the truck. Kyle had offered to install a reverse camera for her and redo the truck's dashboard into a more modern look, but Jeisa liked her old, stick-shift truck and preferred to keep the original fittings. "I've got other jackets."

The girl caught Jeisa's eyes as she turned to face forward again, and Jeisa paused, her breath catching at that deep, poignant look.

"I meant walking home." The girl said.

*

Jeisa put the jacket that the girl had returned on the back of the slate grey couch in the girl's living room. One of the most luxurious, most comfortable looking couches Jeisa had ever seen. The jacket smelt just like the girl – deep, rich, earthy, spicy honey. Jeisa smiled at the thought of never laundering that jacket ever again, then went back to studying the living room.

Every piece of furniture in the condo apartment was excessively luxurious and eye-catching. From the matching grey rug under the gigantic grey couch, to the fancy modern rectangle of a coffee table with a shiny black glass top that stood between the couch and a massive HDTV screen that almost covered the wall that the couch faced. The living room was separated from a sizeable kitchen by a shiny white quartz topped island that held a sink and had an overhang with three black, stylish bar stools tucked under it.

The polished brown hardwood floor from the living room transformed into matt dark grey porcelain tile in the kitchen that matched the dark grey textured laminate surfaces of all cabinets and drawers. The chrome appliances, most of which were built into the walls, sparkled in the light from a few tiny, bright, LED spotlights that studded the ceiling. The light grey carpet partially covering the living room floor was impossibly soft beneath Jeisa's socked feet.

"So, assassin..." the girl started, having watched Jeisa take in the room.

"Jeisa."

"What?"

"That's my name."

"Oh. That's..." the girl said, pulling off her knee-high boots. "...different."

"My dad came up with it. He wanted me to have a name that no one else had and spent weeks trying to come up with one."

"Right," the girl drawled. She walked over to Jeisa, pulled her long ponytail to the front and turned around. "Do you mind?"

Jeisa gently held the blue dress' collar with one hand and slowly pulled the zip down, revelling at the glimpse of bare, olive toned skin down to the girl's lower back, where a barely-there, seamless g-string peeked just above the end of the zipper.