𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 22

Shout out to the matching jumpers that George and Charlotte wear :)   -BeeHeree (also had a mini heart attack cause I messed up while trying to upload the photos and it tried to delete the entire chapter on me.)

-C. Owens, Hogwarts, 1996-

We had been back a few months and no one who was friends with Draco aside from Theo and Enzo would talk to me. It was a bit infuriating, but I also knew it wasn't an entire loss. The D.A. had resumed the meetings and I thought that passing my exams may be easier than before.

It was February and Valentine's Day was coming up. I had been lucky enough to have some things stashed away as a gift for George beforehand and was excited to gift him everything I got him. I got George a stuffed bear and some of his favourite sweets during the last trip to Hogsmeade. I planned on giving him the gifts after we got back from the trip to Hogsmeade on Valentine's Day.

I looked through the things I got, making sure I had everything I wanted to gift him and quietly glanced over at my jewellery box. I bit the inside of my cheek and went over to it. I opened the small round box and looked through the earrings, necklaces, and rings I had inside it. I hummed softly before picking up a ring and setting it with the other gifts I got for George.

The ring was gold and it had a few gems in it. On the inside of the band, it had a carved saying. The phrase read to love and cherish always. It was an heirloom that Dad had given me. He said that there was a long line of people who owned the ring because they either married the eldest girl or they were the eldest boy. I got it after I had turned thirteen.

I put the gifts up before deciding what I'd wear to go on the trip to Hogsmeade. I put a few choices on my bed and chewed on my bottom lip while debating on which one to wear. I settled on wearing a pink jumper and a pair of trousers with a pair of pink Converse and got ready to head out. I grabbed a small bag and opened my door to leave.

Mattheo stood outside my dorm, leaning against the doorframe. "What do you want, Riddle?" I asked coldly, pushing past him. "Just wanted to see if you wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me, sweetheart," Mattheo hummed, following me down the hall. "No," I stated, "I'm going with someone already."

"Who? One of the Weasleys? Ditch him," Mattheo scoffed, grabbing one of my wrists, "Come on. I'm sure I'd be a lot more fun than whoever you're going with." I tugged my wrist out of his grip and rolled my eyes, "Not likely."

I continued walking out of the Hufflepuff common room and towards the Gryffindor common room. "You and I both know that I am better than any of the Weasleys," Mattheo hummed. "And why do you think you're better than the Weasleys? Because you're a Slytherin?" I scoffed, "Riddle, you are no better than anyone else. Maybe you should learn that."

George walked out of the Gryffindor portrait hole wearing a jumper that looked like mine. Fred and Angelina walked out after him. Mattheo followed me as I walked up to George. "Hey, darling. Nice jumper," George grinned. "Your jumper looks pretty similar to one I've seen before," I laughed.

"You're serious about going out with George Weasley?" Mattheo asked. What a jealous arse. I ignored him and hummed, "I left things in my dorm to give you after we get back from Hogsmeade."

"What a coincidence. I also left things in your dorm for you," George laughed, wrapping an arm around my shoulders, "I have an entire day planned and it ends in The Three Broomsticks."