XXVIII

a/n:

this isn't proof read because it's late and my brain is broken

anyway,

please vote since it really helps the story.

so as always, please comment your reactions/thoughts

August 8th 2023

Dawn's POV

I've been filming in London for the past two months. It's been a lot of fun and all that, but also really fucking exhausting.

After the pregnancy scare, I had three days before I left. The goodbye at the airport wasn't fun. I had to say bye to my family and Jenna. Even though I hate to admit it, I cried as soon as I got to the point where I had to really say goodbye to them.

Yes of course this isn't my first time filming overseas, but it's never easy to do so. Just leave for a couple of months and not see anyone but your cast and crew. It's not bad, it's just not something I love.

I mean I love my job — I really do — and I feel so fortunate to have such a well paying job, but the part of leaving my family has never been easy. Especially when I have younger siblings that are under the age of four — because that's when you miss a lot. Infants are the worst, when you leave they're like I don't know like 27 inches/69 cm and when you return, they're like ten inches bigger and can do things like crawl or walk.

That's why when I have kids one day, I'll take time off to at least spend the first year with them — without having to go away for longer than a couple of days. I know that I can only do that because I'm in such a privileged position and I'm very thankful that I can just say that.

But yeah that's besides the point. The point is that I'll be going back to the states to film there. Now technically, we're filming on the east coast — so NYC and Boston — but we have to film some scenes in LA, so that's where we're going.

Right now it's 4 am and the plane leaves in like ten minutes. The flight will take around 11h and 30m, so very long. Luckily though, I'm sitting next to Jayla and Javon — so at least I get along with them perfectly.

The two of them have really become some of my best friends. I mean I'm closer to Jayla, but you get it. But I've known Wanna (Javon) for longer.

I sadly haven't talked to Jenna in a while. Well we text but that's about it. When I said goodbye to her, it was in private before I left for the airport — just because I didn't want my family to think that she's my girlfriend.

Our farewell was pretty emotional with maybe — or maybe not — lots of kisses involved. When I first arrived here, we facetimed almost every evening for about a week, before everything got too stressful for me.

Plus Jenna's also filming 'Bettlejuice 2', so she's busy herself. But from what she's told me, my days are a lot longer than hers — which makes sense, considering I'm the lead of the film.

Anyway, I miss her.

That's why when we land, I'll immediately go to her apartment — because I know she's in town — and surprise her. She knows I'm coming back from the UK, but she doesn't know that we have to film in LA for a week — she thinks I'll be in NYC or Boston. However, I don't think she will complain — well at least I hope so.