ii. "ugh, seriously? him?"

✧˚ · .

✧˚ · .

SHOCK. that was all i felt once those curly blond locks entered the room. his smiling face somehow captivating the eye of others, the crew just welcoming him.

for some reason, i was angry. why you may ask? he was in the same movie as i was. this was supposed to be my special moment. but of course, little mr.perfect had to barge in with those ocean eyes and hypnotise everybody.

"lia, you're being ridiculous. anyone can get the role." my subconscious just reminding me. it wasn't wrong though, so why should i bother? i just looked away, hoping he wouldn't catch my eye.

"umm, ophelia? why do you look like you're about to throw up?" bailey asked with concern. "huh-i'm good." i stammered, cheekily smiling at a confused bailey. "okay then, are you going to introduce yourself to the new guy?" bailey questioned while giggling. "i will—later. i'm just gonna go to the washroom" i added.

and with that, i was walking away, leaving the poor fazed girl there. but of course, the universe decided to ruin my already bitter mood, and i bumped into him. you don't know how much i just wanted to yell. the slim figure apologized at first, then noticed who i was.

"ophelia? what the hell are you doing here??" britain questioned rather angrily. "the same reason as you, asshole." i confessed. he looked like he had the heavens suck all the soul from him, leaving him pale. "wait, for real? like you're gonna be in this movie? along with me?" he questioned. i just nodded my head.

he scoffed and was back to his displeased mood. "who do you play?" britain started. "amei'ya, the metkayina princess.. what about you?" as soon as i said that, britain gave a worried look. "w-wait wait wait.. you play amei'ya? 'lo'ak's lover' amei'ya?" he seemed anxious. i nodded my head in confusion.

he put his hands on his head, mumbling some words i couldn't really understand. "fuck.. ophelia, i play lo'ak." he admitted. i was dumbfounded. "the guy that i absolutely hate the most, is the same guy i have to kiss?? no, no, forget kissing, MAKING OUT?" i blushed at my thoughts, and no, it wasn't the normal good feeling blush, it was the exact opposite.

"dude what the actua-" before he could finish his sentence, me and britain were called upon by the crew. i rolled my eyes at him and went to the studio with britain following me. "okay.." james cameron, or as we like to call him, jim, started. "we'll be doing screen tests now, and you two will be in a while, i suggest you both take these scripts and try to practise and get to know each well, alright?" jim said, rather upbeat.

we nodded and gave him a small smile, the headed out the door. i started reading through the papers, checking what scenes jim meant. "bro what are you doing?" britain curiously asked. i rolled my eyes at his stupidity. "i'm checking what scenes we are doing." i said, a bit dry. "why did you, of all people, auditioned for this role? like, seriously!" britain ranted.