| part 8 |

"How's Peeta?" I ask Finnick.
He looked at me with saddened look. But said nothing."Finnick. What happened?" I ask slightly more demanding this time.

"He - he attacked Katniss"

No, no, no, no. The Capitol got the best of him. He gave in to the memories. No matter how hard I tried to tell him the truth he always believed Katniss was a threat. "I need to see him"

"No. You had a baby two days ago after being tortured for 3 months. Your body is so weak, you can barely stand. No" Finnick argues not wanting me to get hurt.

"No? Your seriously telling me no. I'm not a child" I shout.

"I just got you back. I'm not loosing you again. He's dangerous"

"Finnick! I don't care. He needs me. We've been through too much together. He won't hurt me. I know he won't. Just let me talk to him please" I beg. He looks at me in defeat knowing he won't win this fight.

"I'll see what I can do" he sighs, giving in to me.

"Thank you" I say giving him a tight hug before we are interrupted by Hopes' cries.

"I'll get her"

"No it's fine she needs feeding" I explain as he picks her up carefully then placing her in my arms.

I feed Hope as Finnick talks about how things at 13 have been. "How's Mags?" I ask him as he's been avoiding that topic.

"She had a stroke - it's not looking too good" he explained with a single tear rolling down his cheek. I just looked at him and then back down at Hope. "And your mum..." he begins, making my blood run cold. "She died protecting Avy ans Caspian when they got extracted from Four."

"When do I get to see Caspian and Avy?" I ask changing the subject as Finnick takes Hope off of me now that she's done feeding. It would be nice to interact with some more familiar faces. I don't really feel anything but numbness at the moment. None of the feelings and events of the past few months have caught up with me yet.

"Why don't you hug us and find out" I hear Avy say from the door way.

Caspian runs up to me giving me a tight hug. "Mummy, I've missed you"

"I've missed you too" I say as I smother my son in kisses.

"Why are you crying mummy?" Caspian asks as he wipes away my tears.

"I've just missed you so much" I say with a bright smile. 3 months is way too long to be apart from your child.

"Hey! what about me?" Avanna asks.

"I've missed you too, Avy" I explain pulling her into a hug. I've missed this, my family. We are all back together again and I'm never letting them go.

"You have to let go now. I can't breathe" The sixteen year old jokes.

"Never" I reply pulling her in tighter but reluctantly letting go.

"Who's this?" She asks looking over at the now crying baby.

"This is Hope Thalia Odair" Finnick tells them both looking at the baby in his arms."This is your little sister" he tells Caspian, crouching down slightly so he can get a better look.

"She's tiny" he places a small kiss on her head. My little boy is the sweetest. I know every parent says their kids are the cutest but mine really are.

"Can I hold her?" Avanna asks.

"Of course, she's your niece" Finnick says handing Hope over.

"I can't believe I finally have a Niece" she squeals quietly.

"She's a tough one that's for sure" I hear a man say. I look up to see a sober Haymitch? walking this way.

"Haymitch. Your sober. I never thought I'd see the day" I laugh.

"Well I didn't exactly have a choice sweetheart" he grumbles clearly not happy with the rules here at 13.

"You took your time to come down here" I say slightly disappointed. Did he not want to see me ?

"I didn't want to interrupt family time"

"Nonsense you are family. Now come and meet your granddaughter" I give a light smile to the man. Me and Finnick had agreed that our kids needed needed some sort of grandparents in their lives other than just my mum, so we choose Mags. But now we can live freely with our kids it means Haymitch can finally be their grandpa.

"Your making me a grandpa?" He questions in disbelief with a huge smile on his face. I nod as Avy gives Haymitch, Hope.

"She's beautiful. What's her name?" He asks staring at the little bundle of joy in his arms. "Hope Thalia Odair. Thalia being after Finnick's mother"

"She's adorable" Haymitch tells us. Not that I didn't already know. Have you seen her parents? Obviously we are gonna make the cutest kids.

"Hey! What about me? I'm pretty cute too" Cas complains with a pout.

"You're cute too, Cas" Haymitch says agreeing with the small boy.

--------------

A few weeks later, me, Finnick and Haymitch were catching up on all that had happened.

"How's Katniss?" I ask not having had the chance to see the fiery girl.

"She's doing a lot better. They are talking about taking her neck brace off soon" Haymitch explained.

"That's good. What about Peeta?" I ask changing the subject to the one I'm more concerned about.

"He's doing better thanks to your help with telling us what happened to you two. They might let you see him soon" Haymitch informs me. Finally. I've been waiting for what feels like forever. He needs someone he knows. We've been through the same things, except he tried to kill Katniss. I had just had a baby otherwise I might of tried to kill someone. Most likely one of the doctors coming at me with a needle. Let's just say after what happened at the Capitol I'm not a big fan of doctors or needles. The sooner I get out of this place the better. This hospital is doing nothing for my recovery and I doubt it's helping Peeta either.

"I'll leave you three alone, goodnight"

"Good Night Haymitch" we both say as he walks out the door.

1040 words