intro

Minerva Son never thought she'd actually end up studying in Korea. Being raised in America by her immigrant parents, she was used to life in the States, and she relished everything that had made her who she was.

But when appa came and told her he'd gotten her an interview with a University scout, who would guide her through the process of applying to universities in Korea, and that her being a Korean citizen would have it a bit less difficult... she couldn't say no.

Not when looking at her dad's eyes, shining with pride and smiling widely. So she'd applied.

She would be living with her aunt, Hyeonsoo while she finished her undergraduate studies. She had made it into Yonsei University, a very prestigious school to attend, and –given that she hadn't gotten into the university she wanted to to go in the States– she did all pertinent paperwork and preparations.

This was very exciting. Being an only kid had always meant her parents devoted to her. Not to take it wrongly, she loved them for that, but it sometimes meant she was overly protected. So she had always hung around the same group of kids from the neighborhood, longing for the day she finally could get to spread her wings.

And now, the opportunity was right there, in front of her.

Not only the opportunity to be independent and to grow as a person, but also... the opportunity to love.

Crazy, isn't it?