The call

Pip's heart jumped out of her chest

Pip's heart jumped out of her chest. Could it be? Of course it was, she had memorized his number. How did she respond?

"I love you!!"

She hit send so quickly. Oh how she missed him. Her life would be complete again. Her plan hadn't gone as she wanted. Save yourself to save yourself, which didn't include losing everyone. Within 10 seconds of her sending the message her phone buzzed again. It was ringing this time. She had accepted it in one swift motion, picking up her phone.

"Ravi! Oh my gosh!" She screamed into the phone. "PIP!" he screamed back. She had started crying even more than before. She had missed him so much. "We did it sarge! We did it!!" he said happily back to her. Sarge. She missed him calling her that. almost as much as she missed his crooked smile, or how their hands fit together perfectly. "We actually did it ravi. We really did it." she said in disbelief. They talked for what felt like 20 minutes. It had really been 3 hours. They talked about everything. Except the thing she needed to know. Did he hate her for leaving? Or did he have a girlfriend? I mean he obviously didn't hate her too much but did he have someone else? Did he not love her anymore? She had too many questions to ask him. "So when are you coming home, Sarge?" he asked impatiently. "Umm. I'm not sure yet. maybe this weekend?" She lied. "Ugh." he groaned. "What's wrong with that Ravi? It's only thursday. it's not that long!" she said. "It's forever Pip!! You've been gone for almost 2 years, I don't want to wait any longer!" he whined. Just as she was about to say something to Ravi her roommate walked in. "Who you talking to, Pips?" asked her roommate Becky. "Oh, just someone from my old town." Pip said. Ravi started grinning over the phone. she turned her phone to Becky. "Ooooo a guy friend?" Becky said, winking at Pip."Beck noooooo! He's just a friend!" she said back nudging her. Ravi gave her a funny glance. "Oh well I have to go Ravi!! See you this weekend!!" she said before hanging up. "Pip-" he tried to say before getting cut off. He tried to say something before she hung up. she was too busy with becky to listen.She plopped back on her bed. She knew the weekend was too far away. That's why she lied. She had to go today. Surprise everyone. See them all again. See Him again. She grabbed her suitcase and started putting her clothes in it.

"Beck!! I'm leaving for a few days! Be back next week!!" She yelled to Becky in the other room. "Ok Pips! Have fun with your Guyyyy Frienddddd" She said leaning in Pips doorway. Pip threw a shirt over at her. "Beck! I told you he's just a friend!" she defended. "Yeah, Right a friend who called you from your hometown and caused you both to cry. That's more than a friend pip." she said, throwing the shirt back at her. "Did you used to have a thing or something? Did it end before college?" Becky asked intently. "No- I mean maybe but it ended. He's just a friend becky." Pip said. "So it was an ex! Aha!" Becky said, pointing at pip. "Ok so maybe it is but we didn't want to break up we had to. We didn't have a choice." Pip said, holding back tears. "Why? Because you were going to college?" Becky asked, actually concerned for pip. "Yea- Yeah." Pip stuttered, she knew she was lying. She was done packing by the end of the "interrogation" Becky had put her through. "Ok I'm leaving Beck! See you next week!" She screamed at Becky.

She walked outside to her car. She put her suitcase in the back. She got in and turned the car on. She turned on her favorite playlist. It wasn't her favorite songs but Ravi's. She listened to it when she missed him. Which was always but only when it hit her hard. The mix was mostly Taylor Swift. She wasn't a swiftie but he was. She made a promise to herself when they split up to take him to a concert. She got in the car and started driving. 2 Hours away. In 2 hours she would be home. Her real home. Just 2 Hours.