Shiva's Agony

To be God, doesn't mean that You don't feel any pain.

But it means that You feel everyone's pain, in its raw, heart wrenching, chest clenching form.

And He is not only a God, but the God of the Gods. He is Mahadev.

No words could describe the pain He felt.

The kind of pain that shreds You to pieces and even consumes Your soul.

The destruction was over, and a calm but haunting silence covered the city of Kankhal. It was calm before the storm, the fury and anguish consuming Shiva like fire from within.

Yet, He could not find any emotions to express Himself. He was at a loss of words. And He didn't even know what to say.

To whom would He speak?
When there was no Sati to listen to His words.

With whom would He share His emotions?
When Sati wasn't there to reciprocate them.

For whom would He live?
When Sati was no more.

If He wanted, He could have blamed the entire world for taking away His Love from Him. But He chose to accept destiny.

A bone chilling wind blew. Everyone was frozen, either with fear or with trauma. They fainted or laid unconscious near the Yagya altar.

Shiva appeared.

He looked at the mortal body fallen on the floor.

He slowly stepped forward.

There was not a single expression of remorse or tears on His face.

He came to Daksha's palace, empty handed. But He didn't leave empty handed.

He picked up Sati's mortal body in His arms and left without saying a word.

_____________________________________________

"Swami, I want to visit all the places all over the world with You

"Swami, I want to visit all the places all over the world with You. I'm so excited about this new phase of life and I'm sure it is going to be the best part of My life, with You by My side."

Shiva enveloped Sati in His arms. She could feel the warmth of His love and His adoration for Her. She realised that even though all the residents of Kailash lived in the chilly mountains, They never felt the cold, because Shiva's love had kept them warm.

"Sati, which place would You like to visit first? Let Me know so that I can make arrangements and We can start our journey soon." He was honestly eager to fulfil every dream and demand of Hers.

"Swami, I have heard about some of the holy cities and let's start Our journey from there. I have even prepared a list of 51 cities."

Life's irony doesn't even spare the Divine. Today, He was travelling with Sati around the world. But it was not with a lively Sati who would talk and chatter and had won Him over with Her playful and cheerful mannerisms.