1. Letter From Hogwarts

Hi there! I'm back! How are you all?

~~~~~

Slytherin Castle, United States of Hawaii
29th July, 1991

"Come on guys, he headed this way."

Hadrianus glanced back in the direction where he could hear the thunderous footsteps of several of his opponents approaching, before looking around for a quick escape. There is no way he is going to be caught today. He couldn't use his mamba form so openly, as it has become quite well-known amongst his opponents. He needs to make sure his form has adequate and natural camouflage amongst the green.

Unfortunately for him, the wind has started to blow in the opposite direction, so his smell can be easily picked up by his attackers. He really needs to turn this disadvantage into an advantage. The sooner, the better.

Well, at least he can fight without holding himself back! Father had been very strict on this. Apparently, he needs to practice not holding himself back against any adversaries he would be facing. Hadrianus knows that himself as well. If he truly gets sorted in Slytherin, then he would be facing many upper-class students' ire directed at him for taking the topmost rank the moment he stepped in. All because of the House he has inherited. Hadrianus was irritated, never had he ever cared for all those stupid things. But apparently, everyone else does.

After throwing a quick Bombarda at them for a headstart of distraction, Hadrianus applied the strongest smell-cancelling charms he could recall before he resume running, cursing inside his head for forgetting it beforehand. So much for being a genius! Hadrianus scoffed at himself.

His only advantage here was he knew this forest like the back of his hand. So he knew where to hide for the next 45 minutes.

While his opponents may have more knowledge, manpower, and experience, Hadrianus has the speed, wits, creativity, and detailed familiarity of the forest.

Hadrianus ran haphazardly, using the vines and branches to aid his speed, as he quickly went over several plans and their advantages and disadvantages to throw people off his trails without getting caught. He needs to escape, cause some diversion, and hide. Maybe exactly in that order.

"Distraction. If you can't win with your power, cause distraction. Be creative so no one catches you."

Hmm, for that, he needs to see which one of his opponents is on scouting duty and who are chasing him.

Hadrianus smirked on finally reaching the river, before jumping in and shifting into his mamba form midjump. As he did, he quickly swam towards the bush of wild watercress, hiding under the fresh green water plants.

As soon as he reached the bush of watercress, all four of his opponents skidded to a halt in front of the riverbank, whose only goal was to catch Hadrianus and drag him kicking and screaming to the Lord they serve.

"Oh my, he jumped!" The only female opponent exclaimed.

"He is a snake, he can swim underwater." Retorted the other.

"We need to find him before the time is up." Reminded the third one, before starting to disrobe. "I'm going in."

"Me too," decided the female one.

"And me."

"Go, I'll scout the area in case he tries to escape." The last one decided.

"Admit it, you just hate getting your fur wet." One of them teased, before laughing on receiving a middle finger as a reply.

Three of the four opponents disrobed and jumped in. The only remaining one on scout duty pulled a cigarette from his pocket, before casting a mild incendio, then took a long inhale. Just as he did, he heard a light crunch of dry leaves. Jerking up, he looked to the side, trying to locate where the sound came from.