Chapter 5

Tanjiro was flabbergasted and Y/n's reaction was no different. Hell, he didn't even know about that himself.

"He does?!" Tanjiro asked in shock. "I saw how he spoke to the adults. But the way he treated me, you and Muichiro..It might not seem like it, but he was being a complete softie!" Kotetsu yells.

"No, I, a hundred percent, do not have a soft spot for anyone." Y/n argues, closing his eyes calmly.

"Annoying coccydynia. I will get this little gremlin and sell him with a 70% discount later." Y/n thought despite looking so calm and drowsy at the moment.

"I bet you secretly think we're just some cute kids who got involved with demons and slayers!" Kotetsu accuses as he points at Y/n, who was unfazed.

"Well, I do think you guys are cutie patooties in a non-pedophilic way, but that does not mean-"

"PEDO!" Kotetsu yells. Tanjiro slaps Kotetsu on the hand that was pointing at Y/n, "Kotetsu! Oh no, what have I done? I'm so sorry for slapping your hand, Kotetsu!"

"Hmph, fine. You're right though. I am a cutie patootie." Kotetsu cockily boasts as he crosses his arms, acting like Y/n insulted him.

"Muichiro actually looks cuter than you, nevermind. I don't even know how you actually look behind that mask anyway." Y/n rolls his eyes.

A loud, dramatic gasp escapes Kotetsu's mouth.

"Oh, you'll see, you and seaweed boy will get beaten by my tsugoku, Tanjiro!"

"I'm a hashira."

"But-!"

"I'm a hashira."

"You sound just like-!"

"I'm a hashira."

----

It was now nighttime. Y/n and Tanjiro were in the same room.

(no🔪)

There wasn't any point anyway, Y/n was forced to be in the same room as Tanjiro but there was a lot of space.

As Y/n was sleeping in his blank, black dreamless dream, he was awoken by someone pinching his nose and covering his mouth.

Slightly alarmed, he almost sits up but calms down as he realized he almost clashed heads with Muichiro. "Hm?"

"Y/...Y/...What's your name? Anyway, have you seen my swordsmith." Muichiro asks blankly, ignoring the fact that he already forgot Y/n's name.

"It's Y/n. Y/n Fu-shi-gu-ro. And, no. I was asleep. Sorry, kiddo." Y/n replies, acting like he isn't just three years older than Muichiro..

This didn't really affect him, "Y/n Fushiguro." Muichiro cups his chin with a blank yet innocent face, trying to memorize Y/n's name.

He finishes and goes to Tanjiro, punching his nose as well.

Tanjiro wakes up quietly and seemed completely passive, "Oh, hello, Tokito."

"How did you know I'm not an enemy? Why didn't you both react much when I pinched your noses as you slept?" Muichiro asks in confusion and blankness, tilting his head.

Tanjiro chuckles, "An enemy wouldn't pinch my nose as I sleep. Plus, I smell you. I don't feel tense around you, you give out a good vibe."

"What he said." Y/n blankly says in boredome and slight sleepiness, pointing at Tanjiro. "True." Muichiro nods.

Muichiro then informs Tanjiro about his swordsmith, "Ah, I can help you with that. You came at the perfect time!" Tanjiro says kindly and sweetly.

"Perfect time? You were asleep." Y/n says, slightly dumbfounded.

"Why do you always pry into people's businesses? I just asked if you've seen him. Why didn't you give a straightforward answer like Y/n did?" Muichiro asks.

Y/n was pleased that his name was said correctly and fluently by Muichiro. "Well, you see, the good you do to others will always come back to you in difficult and multiple various other situations you may never know you'd have!"

"True. Be kind to others. What I wish I'd learnt sooner." Y/n chuckles, keeping his composure around the youngsters. Even if he's a youngster himself.

"I'm kidding. Being kind is a nuisance. How do you even be kind? Give that lovey-dovey pookiebear smile and speak softly?" Y/n wonders blankly.

Muichiro's eyes lit up, showing a slightly shocked face, "Eh? What? Say that again?"

"You really sparked a friendly light in him, Tanjiro. What a cutie patootie." Y/n says as he leans against the wall while sitting down, smiling softly.

Tanjiro laughs, "Ah, I'm sure I didn't do much!"

"Muichiro, do you perhaps remember something? I was told by Muz- MURATA. That you have forgotten your past and have amnesia?" Y/n coughs.

Muichiro shook his head, "Muz? Not really, no.."

"Either way, he's right. The good you do always comes back to you. Like karma, when you do something bad, it hits you back, but harder." Y/n continues.

"When you do good, it'll always repay, no matter how long it'll take. Be good, 'kay?" Y/n says with his eyes closed, acting like a father despite being only 17.

Muichiro nods aggressively as if he's never ever learnt something like that. Maybe he actually hasn't? "I understand."

"How come you're so calm, bored, stoic, blunt, annoyed, cold and, well...Laid-back all the time with the others?" Tanjiro asks, feeling like an alpha after Y/n treated them softly.

"Huh? I'm always like that. You're being blunt yourself, Tanjiro." Y/n replies, but toughened up slightly now.

Tanjiro got embarrassed, "I'm sorry!"

Muichiro was bored out of his mind and was spatting out his saliva at Y/n and Tanjiro with a monotonous face.

He's kind of mocking Tanjiro in the calmest way possible.

"Hey— Hey! Stop that!" -Tanjiro

"Muichiro, can you not—?" -Y/n

"It got into my mouth!" -Y/n

Y/n faced away and stuck out his tongue in disgust that Muichiro's saliva was almost everywhere.

"Kid, if you had my father, you would've been dead..." Y/n says, turning to Muichiro with a flabbergasted expression.

Muichiro shrugs, "I forgot who my father even is."

"Ahem, let's go find your swordsmith. I don't even want to know his name. Why are their names so long?" Y/n said with annoyance, somehow keeping calm.

Tanjiro chuckles softly at this, "Sure. It's hard to pronounce names like Hagenezuka first try."

---
Timeskip - somewhere...

Humming and the sounds of slippers slapping the ground were sounded out. A certain swordsman was walking down the stairs casually.

He stopped in his tracks after spotting a pot.