six

-not proofread-

"Do you want me to leave you alone?"

"...No."

"Let's go," Felix said, going for his hand but stopping himself. As much as he wanted to, and as much as it was his usual way of comforting people he knew that it wasn't Chan's.

"Go where?"

"Oh- uhh sorry did you just wanna stay here? We don't have to go anywhere if you don't want to I-"

"It's fine. Let's go somewhere," Chan showed a weak smile. "It's not a date though."

"I know it's not," Felix smiled back.

"Where are we going?" Chan asked as they walked beside each other.

"Here," Felix said, stopping in front of a large building, "...if you want to."

"I'm gonna stop asking questions and just blindly put my trust in you." Chan said with a small sigh as he was too mentally exhausted to keep asking questions. He had already told Felix that he didn't want to be left alone so it was too late to back out of anything now.

"Aww what a huge step forward from wanting nothing to do with me," Felix joked. He wasn't expecting any sort of reaction from it, just a scoff followed by silence. But he saw a smile for a split second, one that made his heart skip a beat.

He desperately wanted to ask Chan about his soulmate tattoo. Maybe it was just because he found him very attractive but he had never felt the way he did just from seeing someone smile.

But now wasn't the time, Chan needed a friend. So that's what Felix was going to be.

"How much for two tickets?" Felix asked as they approached a lady behind a small counter.

"$40," She replied and Felix reached for his wallet, along with Chan.

"Hey! Let me pay for mine," Chan said, pushing Felix's hand away after watching him pull out two $20 bills.

"No," he shook his head and handed the money to the girl who handed them each a wrist band.

"This isn't a date," Chan reminded, "I could have bought my own ticket."

"I know it isn't, friends can still buy each other stuff...you can pay next time."

"How are you so sure there will be a next time?" Chan questioned, grabbing Felix's hand to help him put on the wrist band since he was visibly struggling putting it on himself.

Chan felt his own cheeks become hot from his action once he realized how close they were but he quickly shook the feeling off.

"Because you need a friend. You're vacation time here is gonna suck if you don't have anyone to do stuff with."

"How do you know I don't have any friends in uni?"

"Do you?"

"Not really but...I could if i wanted to."

"Yet you chose to be here with me," Felix said with a smile.

"Oh," Chan said, finally realizing where they were, "I used to come here with my parents all the time when I was little."

"I actually haven't been here since I was a kid either," Felix smiled as he looked around to figure out where to go first in the large aquarium.

Chan didn't realize it at the moment. But the sad feeling that had been making his heat ache all day slowly went away. He stopped thinking about Minho for a while, instead focusing on Felix.

It felt nice.

Temporarily.