fourteen

double update! not proofread tho

"Are you...okay?" Lily asked after she witnessed him stutter while trying to explain the menu for the 50th time that day.

"No."

"What's wrong?"

"Chan asked me out on a date and I'm scared and I have no idea what I'm doing."

"You've been on a date before, idiot," she laughed at him, "just do what you usually do."

"I can't though, this is different."

"The soulmate thing getting to your head?"

"I don't know."

"Well have fun."

"What? What time is it," Felix asked, panicking when he saw Chan walk in.

"Time for you to leave," Lily said as she pushed him away from the counter. "Have fun!"

"Hi," Felix said, looking at Chan with wide eyes as he let out a soft laugh.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"You seem jumpy? Are you nervous?" Chan teased and grabbed Felix's hand, enlaced their fingers as he lead them outside of the coffee shop.

"Why would I be nervous?"

"Because it's a date."

"So? I've been on a lot of dates, this isn't any different."

"But you love me more," Chan pointed out and smiled when he saw how red Felix's face got. "Im joking. There's no reason to be nervous though, we've pretty much been dating."

"Then why haven't you kissed me yet?"

"Maybe I was waiting for the real date," Chan replied jokingly...maybe.

"Stop messing with me," Felix shook his head and led Chan around a corner.

"Sorry."

They got into the dance studio where they both put down their stuff and stretched a bit while they discussed which songs they know and what Felix knew that he could teach Chan.

"Show me something first. anything you want," Chan said, leaning l against the wall and looking at Felix.

"That's embarrassing."

"You've never danced in front of people before."

"Of course I have, but it's weirder when it's just one person," Felix explained.

"You're just nervous because it's me."

"No," Felix defended himself before letting out a sigh of defeat, "fine."

Felix danced with Chan, then the two danced together for a while. It was fun, Felix would even consider it his dream first date but he knew it had to end eventually.

"I need a break," Chan sat down and chugged some water.

"Did you bring the journal?" Felix questioned and Chan nodded.

"We don't have to do that today though, it's a date. I don't want to ru-"

"I want to read it with you, I promise," Felix said, leaning his head into Chan's shoulder.

"Okay," he said, pulling it out of his backpack beside him and handing it to Felix.

"How old was he when he wrote this?" Felix asked, pointing at the date on top of the page.

"Thirteen."

"Hi, Its Minho! I think I've been reading too much romance stuff but the book i'm reading now says you feel whatever feelings your soulmate feels when you kiss them. So when you're both happy you feel twice as happy when you kiss. That seems kinda crazy right? It's probably fake but maybe I'll find out one day if Chan and I ever kiss. Hopefully we are both happy during our first kiss. Chan would probably think I'm crazy if I told him about this. I guess I'll let you know when I find out the answer!"

"Were you?"

"What?" Chan asked, putting the book back into his backpack.

"Both happy when you had your first kiss?"

"Yeah... we were. At least in the moment we were. Minho was already sick by the time we did but I had no idea. He was really good at hiding it. All I felt from it was happiness."

"He didn't tell you right away?"

"No, I didn't know for a long time. That's why I'm scared for what we're gonna get to later. He was keeping a lot to himself."

"I'm sorry," Felix said quietly.

"It's okay, maybe it was for the best."

"But it's true?"

"Is what true?" Chan questioned.

"You can feel whatever your soulmate is feeling when you kiss?"

"Can you?"

"How would I know?" Felix blushed.

"Do you want me to tell you or...?" He asked, moving closer to Felix.

"I um- I mean you can just answer the question."

"How?"

"I don't know," Felix whispered, his heart pounding when Chan moved his hand to the side of his face and rubbed his cheek carefully with his thumb.

"Whatever you want."

"I don't want to make the first move."

"You could have just said that," Chan laughed and pressed his lips against Felix's.