099

it's currently eleven in the morning, and it's only been a few minutes since the unexpected article about jungkook with hana came out.

hana hasn't seen it yet cause she is currently still asleep at jimin and hoseok's apartment.

but the two are already awake, and they've read the article.

their loud conversation wakes hana up, and she's quick to get up on her feet and starts walking to the livingroom.

when she's walking down the hallway and the voices start to sound louder, she suddenly stops when they mention a certain name.

"how are we supposed to tell her? do we call jungkook and ask him what he's gonna do?", hoseok says and she furrows her brows in confusion.

hana only ever mentioned the two to jungkook a few times, and she'd tell him that she would love to introduce them to him someday.

but the three of them have never met.

she remains hiding in the corner of the entrance to the living room, and continues to listen to their conversation.

"i don't know, i feel like he's kinda responsible for this and should be the one calling hana", jimin sighs.

"fuck, i knew we shouldn't have helped him get close to hana. it's partially our fault too", hoseok says burying his face in his hands.

hana's heart stops, and before you know it, her feet starts to make their way towards the two on the couch.

"what do you mean by that?", she asks popping out of the corner, also revealing that she's been eavesdropping.

"h-how long have you been standing there?", hoseok stutters and both him and jimin stand up.

"long enough to hear about you thinking about calling jungkook. and what do you mean 'help him get close to me'? how do you even know him?", hana asks feeling her heartbeat getting faster, and the two guys look at each other.

"hana, we can explain...", jimin says with guilt written all over his face.

hoseok jumps in and says,"...we wanted to tell you the moment it happened, but-"

"tell me what?", she cuts him off and looks at him with an angered look on her face.

jimin hesitates a little, before finally answering her.

"a month after the concert we suddenly received a dm from jungkook on instagram. we thought he was being suspicious, so we ended up meeting up with him, and he showed us a bunch of pictures of you two together. apparently you knew each other before the accident."

hana places her hand on her mouth, appalled by the words coming out of jimin's mouth.

"i knew him before?", her voice breaks.

"...you guys knew, and you didn't tell me?!", hana shouts as tears roll down her cheeks.

they both look at her with guilt in their eyes.

"we're so sorry hana, we wanted to tell you but you were so happy, and we didn't want to hurt you", jimin says approaching her and attempts to put his hand on her arm, but she pushes it away.

hana looks down on the floor, trying to connect the dots.

"the café...", she blurts out and pauses.

"...it was you? i mean, i found it suspicious that i accidentally bumped into him at a café i've been going to all the time, but now-", she hiccups and tears continue to fall down.

"now i find out it was you who fucking set me up?", hana scoffs in disbelief.

they continue to just stand in front of her quietly without saying a word.

"well aren't you gonna say something?", she sniffles.

hoseok takes a deep breath before having to break down the other news to her.

"there's something else...", hoseok pauses and grabs his phone to show hana the article that's currently blowing up the internet.

hana stares at the photo on hoseok's phone, not even bothered to read the paragraph under it.

her heart aches at the sight of jungkook, and she could only care less about some stupid photo of them together when her face is clearly covered.

"i can't do this, i gotta go", she shoves the phone away and runs to the guest room to get her things.

when she grabs her phone on the nightstand and unlocks it, the screen reveals several rows of notifications.

most of them coming from jungkook.

she ignores the multiple messages and missed calls from him, and starts packing all her things into her bag.

hana doesn't even bother to make the bed, and quickly makes her way to the hallway the second she's done packing.

the two guys follow after her, and watches as she puts her shoes on.

"we're so sorry, hana", jimin apologizes with his head hanging low, but hana ignores him.

when she's done tying her shoes and putting her jacket on, she looks at the guys with a saddened look on her face.

"i trusted you guys...i would've never thought that you would lie to me like that", hana says as a tear rolls down her cheek.

"please hana, we never wanted to hurt you", hoseok says feeling guilty.

hana unlocks the door and before walking out, she takes one last look at them.

"don't talk to me ever again", she turns around and walks out the door, and silently cries on her way to the elevator.

when she gets out of the apartment building, she pulls up her phone and dials jungkook.

"we need to talk", hana says the moment jungkook answers the phone.

"hana! are you okay? i'm coming over", he says, relieved that hana finally called back.

they both agree to meet outside of her dormitory in half an hour to talk about the situation, and jungkook seems unfazed by hana's cold tone through the phone.

she decides to take the taxi home, and halfway back to the dorm it suddenly starts to rain.

the sight of the grey clouds only makes her feel worse, so she closes her eyes and tries to calm down.

a few minutes pass and hana almost falls asleep, until the taxi driver's voice startles her.

"miss, we've arrived at your destination"

to be continued...