116

hana's pov

"ladies first", jungkook says as he opens the door for me.

"thank you", i smile before walking ahead of him.

the smell of freshly popped popcorn instantly makes me feel nostalgic the moment we walk into the cinema.

"god it's been so long since i last went to the cinema", i say and jungkook chuckles as he smoothly intertwines his hand with mine.

the further we walk, the more i become self-aware. multiple eyes are staring at us like lasers, probably wondering what THE jungkook is doing in a cinema holding hands with some random girl.

he told me i didn't have to wear a mask anymore when we go out because he didn't care about what the media says, and i'm totally fine with it, but with so many eyes on us i can't help but become more aware of my actions and how i look.

jungkook notices how tense i've gotten and his grip on my hand tightens after feeling how loose my grip got all of a sudden.

he suddenly leans down near my ear and says, "i know you're afraid of what people might think, but i am never letting go of your hand".

he starts doing the thumb thing on top of my hand, and it instantly helps me calm down.

we buy some popcorn, snacks and a shared coca cola drink before heading towards the salon where the movie will be playing.

"oh! we're the first ones here", i say as we walk into the empty VIP salon.

"which row are our seats at?", i ask and turn my head to look at him.

"wherever you want", he shrugs and i look at him confused.

"what does it say on our tickets?", i ask with furrowed brows and reach for the tickets in his hands.

my eyes widen as i read what it says on the ticket.

when i look up at jungkook, he's already looking down at me with a satisfied look on his face.

"you rented the whole movie theatre?!", i shriek, and he laughs.

"yeah, i wanted us to be alone", he smiles, and i blush.

"so we can basically sit wherever we want?", i ask, and he nods.

i look around the empty room, eyeing every single seat to make sure i pick the perfect spot.

"how about in the middle row?", i say pointing at the empty seats in the middle.

"yeah, sure", he nods and we start walking up the stairs.

we both settle down once we get to our seats and he places our shared drink on the cup holder between us.

"this is literally perfect. you're the best jungkook", i happily beam out before giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

he smiles and pats my head.

the ads and movie trailers start playing on the huge projector, the lights start to dim down, and we both start munching on our snacks.