097

jungkook's pov

it's currently 7:38pm, and i've parked my car at a parking spot a few meters away from hana's apartment.

we've been hanging out all day, and i've been waiting for the perfect time to talk to her.

"thank you for driving me home", hana smiles and unbuckles her seatbelt.

she reaches for the door handle, but i stop her.

"hana, wait", i say and she looks at me.

"what is it?", she asks, placing her hand back on her thigh.

"i...have to tell you something", i look at her, but quickly look away, starting to feel nervous.

"okay..", she looks at me with an unsure look on her face.

i take a deep breath, and start fiddling with my fingers.

"i've been meaning to tell you this for a long time actually", i nervously chuckle.

"oh, do i have broccoli in my teeth?", she jokes, and i shake my head while laughing.

"no you don't have broccoli in your teeth! it's just uhm..", i look down at my fiddling hands.

why is it so hard to tell her?

"i uhm...i've been thinking...and i should've told you this earlier, i just didn't have the courage to do so...", i say dragging it out.

"...but it feels like it's about time i tell you", i look up and turn my head to look at hana, who's eagerly waiting for me to finish my sentence.

i look at her beautiful brown eyes, and can't help but smile a little.

she smiles back, and just that beautiful smile of hers makes my heart hurt.

it's gonna crush her if i tell her the truth now, and i don't wanna hurt her like that.

what comes out of my mouth next has both me and hana surprised.

"i think i like you", i blurt out, and she gives me an awkward smile.

"i like you too jungkook, you're a good friend", hana chuckles nervously, and i shake my head.

"i don't mean as friends...", i say with a serious tone.

"what do you mean then?", she asks innocently.

"you know what i mean", i say slowly leaning closer to her, my eyes glancing down at her lips and then back up at her eyes.

"i think about you all the time. ever since we kissed on the couch it's been the only thing on my mind", i look down at her lips, and she blushes.

"well aren't you gonna ask me how i feel?", she asks softly.

"i was getting there...", i chuckle.

"...so i'm a good friend, huh?", i joke and she lightly hits my arm.

"i only said that cause i wasn't expecting a whole confession" , she rolls her eyes.

"...but i like you too, jungkook. and more than just a friend", she says shyly.

"i'm glad the feelings are mutual", i smile as i cup the left side of her face with my hand.

she reads my mind and leans forward, and before you know it, we share a sweet kiss.

if i had known that this was the last happy moment i'd share with her before everything went down, i would've told her the second i met her.

but in the end i was too much of a coward to tell her the truth.

and now i hate myself for it.