Part one - The New Job

Today started as any other day. Wake up, grab the meat skewers, sandwiches and your signature raccoon designed cupcakes that you prepared last night after work, go to Komore Teahouse and pick up your favorite tea from Thoma, giving him one of each snack, and give the $12.00 from the tea to Mailyn, the sweet homeless girl living all alone in an alleyway near the Detective Agency, and then going inside. Normal, Monday morning.
"(Y/N), you're here, finally~" Heizou, your partner, smiles, and then rolls his eyes, teasingly. Yep... Normal Monday morning.
"Hey, Heizou," you smiled, as you walked past him and to you and Heizou's split desk, him following closely behind. You sat down and placed the boxes of your food on the desk, Heizou flopping in his chair and quickly opening the purple box and grabbed two raccoon cupcakes. He always knows which snack is in which box, since you always put them in the same colored box. He licked the frosting of one of his cupcakes, as you opened your computer. "Mmm~!" You heard his hum of appreciation from behind your computer, as your cheeks became warm.
Your finger slid across the mousepad, opening your email, as you always do, just as Heizou finished both cupcakes, and slumped in his chair. "There's nothing to do here... we should go get a drink," he whined across from you. Your eyes widened.
"Heizou," you called, him humming in response. "Heizou!" You called again, a bit louder, him sitting up. "It's boss; he's requesting me," your eyes lit up with happiness, while Heizou admired your excited expression. You didn't notice his teasing, as you calmly, yet eagerly, stood, walking to your boss's office, Heizou following closely behind. Once you arrived, you turned and looked at Heizou. "Wish me luck," you smiled, him giving you a thumbs up and his cheeky smile as you entered the room and closed the door behind you.
"Boss? You wanted to talk with me?" You asked, holding your hands below you. You noticed Kamisato Ayaka sitting in the chair to the right of Boss. "Ah, yes, (Y/N). Sit," he signaled to the chair facing the opposite side of his desk, and you did as he said, sitting next to the girl.
"(Y/N), I trust you are familiar with the Kamisato Clan?" He asked, you nodding and saying, "yes, sir." "Good. Well, Miss Ayaka's brother has requested a bodyguard be assigned to her," Ayaka looks down to her left. "I have no doubts that you are the only one in this agency who fits the criteria of being Miss Ayaka's bodyguard." Your heart pounds. You? Lady Ayaka's bodyguard? What an amazing opportunity! You nod. "I won't let you, or Miss Ayaka down, sir," you say, your boss nodding. "I know. You start tomorrow, at 7:30. You will arrive at the Kamisato estate, and you will return her home at 8:00. Is that understood?" You nod.
Once you leave the room, and close the door behind you, Heizou quickly looks at you and runs up to you from the wall across from you, his eyes wide. "Hm- hey you're back, what happened? Did he give you a case?" You nod, his eyes widening. "Ooh~ what is it, tell mee!" You giggle. "I'm going to be Miss Ayaka's bodyguard," a smile forms on his lips, and he puts his hands on his hips. "That's great! You're the perfect person for this. You'll be amazing, I know it, partner!" You thank him, then remember what he was saying before you saw the email. "Oh. I owe you a drink," he chuckled. "Alright, how's this: if you are an amazing bodyguard, I buy you a drink. But if you fail, you not only buy me a drink, but three!" He smiles. You sigh. "Alright, alright. I agree," you smile, returning to your desk with him and spending the rest of the day playing checkers with sharpied paper and bottle caps, collected by you and Heizou, him the green and you the red. While he's laughing at how bad you are, you look at him. His emerald green eyes shining in the early morning sunlight.
His words repeat in your mind...

"...you're the perfect person for this..."

"... you'll be amazing, I know it!..."

"...partner!..."

------------------------------------------------------