Part 3 - Tea and Rain

The day had started out cold and foggy, small raindrops the size of sprinkles came from the sky. It was more of a mist than rain, but it still managed to dampen things around Inazuma. Including Ayaka's mood.
She wanted to walk by the beach yesterday but it was too late, and now it was rainy and cold. The two of you sat inside Komore Teahouse, as she stared out the window, her eyes dull.
You felt bad that you promised her a walk by the beach today, and her sad expression made it even worse.
"Ayaka..? I'm sorry we couldn't walk by the beach today. But maybe once the skies are clear and it's a bit warmer we could go?" Your voice was quiet but hopeful, the weather dampening your mood as well. "Mhm. Thank you." She replied, her eyes still glued to the window.
You smile, softly, and sit straight, Taroumaru's happy barks sound in the distance, signaling you that someone came through the door.
Thoma entered the room with a tray of tea and sighed, his hair wet at the ends. "Hey, guys! It's really cold out there, so I whipped up some tea," he said as he placed the tea on the table, Ayaka finally turning around.
"Thank you, Thoma." He smiled at the two of you as you all sat and drank tea, the tip-tap of the rain sprinkling on the Teahouse in the back round.
Hours passed, and you helped Thoma bring back about two or three rounds of tea. You all drank the last round rather quickly, so Thoma got up to make some more.
"Oh- I'll go get some more tea," you started to stand to help him but he insisted you stay, saying that you had helped him every time. You sat back down as he turned the corner, leaving you and Ayaka alone.
Suddenly, there were three knocks at the door, and you stood, saying, "I got it!"
You left the room and walked through the hall, arriving at the door. You opened it and Heizou stood there, an umbrella laid on his shoulder, barely covering him from the rain, as his eyes looked to yours. His maroon hair was wet, making it darker than usual and more messy.
"Heizou?" You noticed the surprise in your voice, and so did he. "Heh, I figured you would be here since it's raining. Speaking of that, can I come in?" You nodded, stepping aside so he could come in before closing the door.
"What's up, is everything okay?" Heizou chuckled as he turned to you.
"Yes, yes. Everything's fine. Oh- and thanks from the agency - for the treats. I told them I was coming to see you, and they told me to thank you for them."
You smiled. He looked at you like he was frozen until Thoma came out with the tea. "Hey, Heizou! Are you staying? I just made some more tea and there's plenty," he suddenly saw your slightly red cheeks, "I'm sure Y/N would love it," your face reddened as Heizou chuckled.
"Oh, no. Just stopping by to see Y/N. The agency told me to send their thanks for still making sure we all had her delicious treats in the morning - even on top of her new job. She's truly amazing." Butterflies fluttered and danced in your stomach as he looked at you with a smirk. Thoma nodded and returned to the room, leaving you and Heizou alone.
You walked him to the door, worry sprouting in you. "Are you sure you don't want to stay? It's really cold out there..." he smiled at you. "Worried about me? Haha, I'll be fine, trust me." You smiled at his words, as he turned to leave.
"Oh- Y/N, could I come over tomorrow night?" His words hung in the air - and your head. "Um. Sure, why?" He chuckled quietly. "Nothing, nothing. Just wanna stop by, we haven't hung out in a while and I figured night would be a good time with your job and tomorrow is Friday- is that alright?" You felt your cheeks warm, heating you in the cold weather as you nodded. He shot you one last smile and turned, leaving this time.
You reentered the room and sat on the floor next to Ayaka.

It only took seconds to notice them staring at you

"What?" Thoma's eyes widened as he giggled a little. "You looked like a tomato back there!" You covered your face in embarrassment as he joked, a small smile forming on Ayaka's lips.
The last two hours passed very quickly, as you drank tea and talked. You wanted to stay and talk for a little while longer, but you were running out of time. You really didn't want to annoy Ayaka again, even more so since she was finally happy, happily chatting with Thoma and you.
"Ayaka, I think we should start heading back to the Estate," she frowned as she looked at you, your words hanging in the air. "Okay," she sighed, standing up and handing Thoma a small bag of Mora before walking out.
"Oh, okay, bye guys!" You said goodbye to Thoma as you followed Ayaka out the door. The temperature difference was instant and apparent. The worry for Heizou suddenly ached in your chest, but you tried to ignore it as you walked Ayaka home.
Once Ayaka was safely home, you took the path home you always take, the one that passed Mailyn on the way. But when you came around the corner, she wasn't there. You called her name a few times with no response, but you couldn't really do anything about it right now so you just went home.
Thoughts and worries fought for the spotlight in your mind as you laid in bed, unable to sleep. Where is Mailyn? Is Heizou okay? Why does Heizou want to come over tomorrow? It's so cold. I wonder when the rain will come? I wonder how the agency is doing without me...
thoughts faded from your head as your eyelids began to grow heavier and eventually closed.