3rd entry: you said you wanted to feel alive

days like the morning darcy spent with eli confused the hell out of her.

he would spent the night with darcy and then he would go off with his girlfriend during the day. not this day though.

the day following their movie night, the pair and the rest of the group, they were going to the beach.

elijah told her he wanted to feel alive, so what better place to do that at then at the beach?

she got the whole group to go with them too, and even elijah's sister, maeve was coming. she's always traveling so they were lucky to catch her.

one thing that darcy wasn't afraid to share was that she loved volkswagens. she loved their buses from the sixties, she loved the beetles, everything.

she had even restored a volkswagen bus herself, with the help of elijah. now, she was driving everyone to the beach, but for some reason she wasn't taking her bus, which would have been far more fitting for the group of eight people.

did that stop her from taking her parent's 5 seater (at best) convertible? no way.

she decided it was much more beach fun aesthetic. she was a sucker for a theme. she thought that the sun was too bright to radiate a sixties summer haze, so she went with the convertible.

-

her first stop was at eli and maeve's house. when they opened the door, the saw her convertible and darcy with a smile on her face.

elijah walked over and waved, and he got in the passenger seat, and maeve got in the back.

"are some of us coming in a different car, darcy?" maeve asked.

"oh yeah! no, they arent. i'm sure we can all fit in here though, just trust me." she said with a thumbs up, starting the car.

as darcy made it by people's houses, the car was starting to fill up. by the time she had picked up josh, jackie, and taylor, they had already ran out of space in the car.

"darcy, just a little question here, where are rob and ryan gonna sit? us four are already cramped back here, and there aren't any more seats," taylor asked with a laugh of concern.

"well, you know," she started. she actually didn't know what she was going to do. was it far more aesthetically pleasing in the convertible? yes. could they all fit? no!

darcy hit eli on the shoulder and then muttered, "help me out man, where are robert and ryan gonna sit?"

he stopped fiddling with the radio, and then simply said, "well, ryan can sprawl on jackie, josh, taylor, and maeve, and rob can sit right here." he said pointing to the armrest with a smile.

"works for me." maeve said laughing, cigarette in her hand, head laid back on the edge of the car.

even with a really stupid solution, elijah could still find a way to solve all her problems.

minutes later, they arrived to robert's house, where both him and ryan were, and the noticed there was no actually space in the car.

"hey guys! darcy, where's the van?" ryan asked.

"yeah, i don't think both me and ryan'll fit in the trunk." robert added.

"well that's the wonderful thing guys!" darcy started.

"ryan, you're sitting, well laying, on josh, jackie, maeve, taylor, and rob you're sitting on the armrest. get in!" elijah finished, with a big thumbs up to wrap it all together.

25 minutes later, they all got to the beach, ready to get in the water. leaving all their towels and dropping their bags, almost all of them ran to the water.