4th entry: you've never done me wrong except for that one time

4 years ago

"eli, seriously i might not even go to the concert, i have no one to go with!" darcy said as they were hanging out in their room.

"dude, this is like your favorite band ever. i'm not going to let you not go because your dad says you have to go with someone, and no one listens to boygenius." he replied, insisting.

"what's your solution then, oh great eli? i can't lie or sneak out. my dad'll kill me."

"easy, i'll go with you." he replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"what? you don't even listen to boygenius, i've tried so hard to get you to, and for some reason, you can't get past track two!" she said getting up and showing him her record.

"with you, darcy. i love you, but i cannot listen to the boygenius EP with you because by the time we're halfway through me and my dog, you're going on about julien baker and how you love her so much. you are literally biting the hand." he said, walking over to her.

his finger ran down the tracklist and stopped at track five and said, "this one's my favorite. julien's guitar solo is amazing."

for a swift moment. he looked down at her and she looked up, and she thought maybe, just maybe, this was it. something would happen. he could confess his love, he could kiss her, they could be in love.

after one sided tension, he walked away to lay on her bed once again. she took a breath and told herself again, she was not the exception.

"so, what now?" she asked him, laying on his right side, looking at the ceiling.

"do you wanna read random stuff in british accents?"

"you know it!"

-
november 5th, 2018.

eli🩻
so i'll pick you up at 6:00 for the show tomorrow?

darcy 🎞️
sounds perfect, see you then !!

-

darcy was beyond excited to go to the show, and then elijah was going too. she was ecstatic.

she took hours finding the cutest outfit she could conjure, she did very minimal makeup, consisting of concealer and blush, and then waited outside her doorstep for elijah.

she couldn't wait to hear bite the hand live. she thought it reflected her and eli.
she loved the whole EP, it was like they wrote it about her.

it's 5:47pm on november 6th, 2018. darcy is patiently waiting for eli, and she was excited for the show, to be there with him.

she feels her phone vibrate in her pocket, and pulls it out, maybe it's elijah saying he's almost there.

eli🩻
darcy i am so so sorry
i totally forgot to pick you up
i'm already at the venue
please tell me you can still make it !!

darcy sighed, got up, and made sure that her parents weren't home.

she was going to drive her parents car, the one she wasn't supposed to.

she can't fathom how he could forget her, it was her concert.

she drives up the street with the sun on her face, she never felt more free than when she was driving.

-
when she got to the venue, the doors had already opened and she went in and tried to find elijah.

she called him twice, looked around endlessly and couldn't find him. she took a deep breath and just walked to the standing area, hoping he'd be there.

while feeling nervous about not knowing where eli was, she was also adrenaline filled, because she was at her favorite band's concert.

as the lights dimmed and everyone started to get excited, she heard someone calling her name. she looks around and she sees eli, holding someone else's hand.

it's his girlfriend, and they started dating just three months ago.

he smiles like nothing's wrong and his girlfriend looks like she'd rather be anywhere else but there.

"eli, hi, bella, always nice to see you."

"darcy, who's even playing? it's so small." bella said, with an annoyed tone.

"sorry, shows starting."

the setlist was short, but amazing. she got through most of the setlist and cried during stay down. when salt in the wound started playing, she turned to look at eli because he liked this one, and she saw him in a close distance.

what was he doing? he was making out with bella. this concert had been so special to her, and was now being tainted. maybe she was too idealistic, but the tears from stay down continued to salt in the wound.

-

elijah hewson has never done darcy matthews wrong except for that one time, and she doesn't like to talk about it because he didn't think he was doing anything wrong. that made her think she was overreacting.

-

Liked by elijahhewson and 28 othersdarcy

darcy.matthews cried at your show with the teenagers! (i was one)

comments

elijahhewson had the greatest time darcy!!

-

a/n: new chapter, sort of a flashback !!