Chapter 2: A Normal Day

Mors' eyes groggily stutter open as she rises from the ground, feeling the soft touch of grass beneath her fingers. The air is filled with a sweet fragrance, unfamiliar yet strangely comforting. Surrounding her is a lush environment, bursting with a kaleidoscope of flowers in hues she had never witnessed before. This place is unlike any gardens she's seen in Japan or on the internet. Nature here has woven itself into an intricate tapestry, where plants and flowers grow harmoniously without any sense of human order or intervention.

Unruffling her hair and brushing off dirt from her clothes, she stumbles through a meandering concrete path that seems to guide her forward. The trail leads her to a clearing—a big circular area that appears to be the heart of this enchanting landscape. In the center stands a table adorned with delicacies, treats, and teas, all crafted and decorated as if prepared for a grand, mysterious celebration.

At the table sits a girl dressed in an extravagant black gown contrasting with the vibrant surroundings. Her appearance is ethereal yet haunting, as her pale complexion and slender figure hint at a mysterious aura. As Mors cautiously approaches, she can't help but feel a mixture of curiosity and trepidation. The girl's eyes meet Mors's, and time seems to stand still for a moment.

"Come now, sit down, won't you," the lady says in a low, melodic voice that shivers Mors's spine. Her words hold an otherworldly charm, and even Mors's strong will falters momentarily in their presence.

Mors attempts to respond, to ask questions about this surreal place and the enigmatic girl before her, but to her surprise, no words escape her lips. She moves her mouth, forming the words in her mind, yet an invisible force prevents her from speaking. This unexpected occurrence shocks the girl, whose eyes widen with intrigue and something that resembles concern.

What force was preventing Mors from speaking, and more importantly, why? The girl's enigmatic presence and the peculiar nature of this place begin to swirl with unanswered questions in Mors's mind. As the silence lingers between them, it becomes apparent that this encounter is far from ordinary.

"Fear not, for I hold your voice captive, dear visitor. Your presence intrigues me, and thus, I chose to silence your words momentarily. Now, sit, indulge in these delights, and let our encounter unfurl with the sound of silence."

Mors reluctantly sits at the table, not even reaching for treats or drinks. All to the disappointment of the girl.

"Ah, it appears my offerings fail to tempt you. How intriguing! A mortal with such restraint, or perhaps mistrust?" The girl inquiries. She reaches for a few treats, lightly snacking on them, before washing them done from something within her teapot. All the while, Mors looks upon them with a stern expression. The girl, meanwhile, looks on with glee as she munches on a muffin.

Mors observes the girl's delighted munching with a mix of curiosity and suspicion. She finally decides to communicate through gestures and expressions, clarifying that she distrusts the situation and is cautious about partaking in the treats and tea. She points at herself, then points at the girl, raising an eyebrow as if questioning her intentions.

The girl chuckles softly, a haunting yet musical sound, and gestures for Mors to try the treats again. She then points to herself and makes a welcoming gesture as if trying to assure Mors that there is no ill intent. But Mors remains hesitant, not entirely convinced by the girl's gestures. The atmosphere feels tense, with an unspoken power struggle between the two.

The girl chuckles softly, resonating with an otherworldly echo, and motions for Mors to try the treats again. She then gestures to herself and makes a welcoming motion, attempting to convey that there is no harm intended. However, Mors still hesitates her wariness not quickly quelled.