16-20

Chapter 16 - Your father's a no-good, dog thing!

In the education that Rong Ting had received, Emperor Father was a ruler. Even to him, he was a ruler first, then a father. The thunder, rain, and dew were all due to the ruler's grace. Even if Grandfather was Empress Mother's father, he should not be so daring. Fortunately, no other people were present. If he had been heard by someone with other intentions, perhaps even Empress Mother would be implicated.

Song Haiping, a middle-aged man older than forty, was shocked by the imposing manner of the five- or six-year-old Rong Ting.

"This child, how can you talk like this!"

This "the king is superior"... what was all this!

Rong Ting's expression didn't change as he said sharply: "Grandfather, Empress Mother is the mother of a nation, but she still walks on thin ice in the court and rear palace. Asking Grandfather to watch his words and actions, and take care not to implicate Empress Mother!"

As a matter of fact, Rong Ting was a person with pride in his bones. Having never met his grandfather before, he truly couldn't say he had any sentiment for him. He liked Grandfather simply because he was Empress Mother's father.

Having lived in the palace since he was young, Rong Ting was a person who was above ten thousand people and below one. With the exception of Emperor Father, all the people he saw were servants, and the education he had received was that imperial power reigned supreme. So now, when there were people challenging imperial authority and insulting the sovereign in front of him, he found it unacceptable.

What he found even more unacceptable was that Grandfather's words and actions would affect Empress Mother.

Song Yuan had already gotten used to Rong Ting's manner of speaking. But Song Haiping had only just met Rong Ting, so he was naturally stunned by Rong Ting's scholarly rhetoric.

"What is he saying? Why can't I understand a word he says?" Song Haiping looked in Song Yuan's direction, a dumbfounded and doubtful expression on his face. After this outburst, he lost all the rage that made him itch to take out a knife and butcher the beast.

Song Yuan sighed. She pulled Rong Ting over and said to Song Haiping: "Dad, Gugu is still young; he can't tell the difference between ancient times and modern times. He still thinks this is the ancient times, so he's more rigid and serious, but he doesn't have a bad heart. But it's still best not to say to the child's face that his dad is wrong. That's no good."

After saying this, she looked down at Rong Ting again. "Gugu, that is my dad. I don't care how you were taught in ancient times, but in modern times, whether or not you are my child, you have to learn to respect your elders, understand?"

Both people were 'educated.'

In fact, Rong Ting listened to Song Yuan very well. Just like at this moment–he didn't speak.

The three ate a simple dinner. Song Yuan was the one who cooked; Song Haiping originally intended to show off his skills to his daughter, but after that incident, let alone cooking, he didn't even have the heart to eat.

Song Yuan explained to Song Haiping eight hundred times, and swore to heaven eight hundred times, that she absolutely didn't do the things that she shouldn't do before she was an adult! She absolutely didn't pluck and eat the forbidden fruit with a male classmate, get pregnant, and have a baby!

Rong Ting, with a wooden expression, expounded that he was definitely not a child born out of wedlock. He was the empress's di son, and the dynasty's crown prince.

Song Haiping's ability to accept everything was very limited. After eating, he didn't even have a glass of wine and instead washed up and returned to the guest room to sleep.