003

I walked to my first class, immediately looking for Chris. I spot him at our desk. He was scrolling  on his phone like nothing happened. I sat in my chair, next to him. I expected him to bring it up but he didn't look like he would. "Are you not going to say anything?" I ask. He ignores me, still looking at his phone. "You think I want to be seen with you?" I say. He looks over at me. His stare was hypnotizing. "You think I want to be seen with you? You're a nobody Lela." Chris says. Whatever I was just feelings ten seconds ago, was now gone. I stayed quiet. I knew he was right, but it was even worse for me. Everyone thought he was only 'with me' to get in my pants. That's ten times worse than what Chris is worried about. I walk up to the teachers desk. "Can I get a hall pass?" I ask. "For?" "The bathroom." I say. He sighs before reaching in his desk for a pass. He signs it before handing it to me. "Be fast" He says.

I walk through the halls, no location specifically. I just needed to get away from Chris. I know he says these things just to hurt me, but deep down I know it's true. I heard a couple of guys talking so I stopped so they wouldn't see me. I wasn't in the mood to talk to any guy. "Did you see the instagram post?" A guy said in a deep voice. "Yeah man. Everyone seen it coming. Popular guy with the hottest girl in school." Another says. "I just wish I shot my chance with her before Chris got his hands on her." Their voices were getting closer, so I had to start walking before they thought I was eavesdropping. As I walked past, the three hit each other, trying not to laugh. I heard their footsteps stop but I ignored it. I heard their footsteps begin again, this time getting closer. "Lela!" A guy yells from behind me. I turn back. "Yeah?" I ask. I watch as the three guys start walking back to me. "Aye, what's going on with you and Chris?" He asks. I stare at him, then each of his friends. "Nothing." I say. The guy smiles before walking closer to me. "Uhm." I say backing up. I felt myself back into a wall. He looks into my eyes. His attempt to seduce me was definitely not working. I feel someones arm snake around me. "Dude." A guy says. When I came eye to eye with the person who these arms belonged to, I wasn't sure to gasp in relief or shock. I turn to see Chris. I look down and it was Chris' arm around me. I didn't understand. Why was Chris here? And why was he helping me? "My bad, man." The guy says before walking off with his friends. Chris moved from beside me to in front of me. Chris' arms were firmly gripped around me. My whole body was squished against his and I met with his buff chest. His cologne was surrounding me, and I caught myself breathing in too deep. Chris looked back before moving off me. "Hurry back to class. It's almost over." He says walking away. I stayed against the wall. Why was he doing this again. Making me feel something, then ignore me? I sighed before walking back to class.

*Time Skip*

I walked into the lunchroom looking for Madi. Everyone still continued to stare and whisper. Why couldn't Chris just shut down all the rumors? It wouldn't work if I said anything; he's popular and hot, they would believe him. I finally found Madi and sat with her. "Hey!" Madi says. "Hi." I say. "You okay?" She asks. "Yeah. I'm just sick of knowing everyone is talking about me." "Well, what really happened?" She asks. "I was looking for the bathroom but I got into Chris' room. He walked in with some girl-" I say before getting interrupted. "The cheer captain." She says quickly. I stare back at her, confused. "They have a thing going on; even though he makes out with other girls." Madi continued. "She must've been the one who posted it." I sigh. "Probably. Especially the rumors, it makes sense." She says.
"I'm going to use the bathroom." I say. Madi nods as I get up. I walk past Chris, avoiding eye contact. I walk down the hall and into the bathroom. I close the stall door and immediately hold my breath. I obviously wasn't in there to actually use the bathroom. I felt sick. I wanted to cry. All of this was happening just because his girlfriend or whatever was jealous.

I heard the door open and chatter filled the room. Guy's talking. Why were they in here? Then it hit me; I was in the boy's bathroom. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I took my legs off the ground and rested them on the toilet. "Did you see what Lela was wearing today?" One guy asks. "Yes. She should wear that skirt more often." The boys both laugh. Great. I was already sick and this made it worse. I heard one guy's footsteps walk up to my stall. He tried to open it. "Get out, dude. This is my stall." He says waiting. I didn't move nor did I dare to talk. "Get out!" He says pounding on the door. "Come on, man. There's other stalls." His friend says. "This is my stall. Now get out!" He yells. I still sat on the toilet, not knowing what to do. "I'm going to break this door if you don't get out, man." He says. This is when I started to panic. He wouldn't actually break the door down, would he? He began to run into the door. I heard the bathroom door open once more. "Yo, what are you doing?" He says. It was Chris. How did he always manage to arrive at the right times? "This dude won't get out my stall!" He says. Chris slowly walks over to the stall. It was quiet. "Get out." Chris says. "Oh, maybe you should look under the door. See who it is." Chris says. Great. Chris definitely knew it was me. And here he is trying to embarrass me. "Yeah man, you're right." He says getting on his knees. "Nah. I was playing. Get out I need to use the bathroom." Chris says. "What? No! This dude is in my stall." The guy says. "I don't care. I need to use the bathroom. Now get out." Chris says. "Are you embarrassed?" The other guy jokes. Chris stays quiet as the two guys laugh. "Okay, get out now." Chris says. "Fine." They both say before walking out.

Chris waits at the stall door. "Open it." He says. I stay quiet, hoping he would walk away. "Open the door, Lela. Before I call the guys back in." He says. I hesitantly unlocked the door and Chris stood there. He heard the bathroom door open once more. Chris quickly pushed me in and walked in himself. He locked the stall door. Two guys walked in once more. Chris was firmly pressed against me. His scent of strong cologne and cigarettes filled my nose. One hand wrapped around my waist and the other above my head, holding himself in place. "That instagram post of Lela and Chris is crazy." One says. "Should of expected it. Chris is always first to the hot girls." Another says. "I know but I wish I could of talked to her. I'm tired of Chris always getting first pick." Chris' grip tightened. His face was turning red. He was mad. I ignored the guys and focused on Chris. Being this close to Chris would never happen again. I was wrapped up in him. Being this close to him, sent a wave of heat to float through my entire body. Seeing his face this up close made me realize how handsome he was. His face was only inches away from mine, and I felt a desire, a forbidden temptation. To feel his toxic lips on mine. Finally, the boys walked out. "How did you know it was me?" I immediately asked. "You're perfume. I don't know how the guys couldn't smell it." He says. Chris was still pressed against me. I watched as his eyes flickered from my eyes, to my lips, and back to my eyes. Within a few seconds, he unlocks the door and walks out the stall. "I'll walk out first and tell you if it's clear." He says. He sticks his head out the bathroom door. "Good." He says before walking out. I follow behind. I didn't dare to walk in the lunchroom at the same time as him.

————————————————————————
Thank you for 5 votes already!
This story is going good so far, so thank you!!
Votes are appreciated.

Word count: 1503
8/12/23