015

"We're here." I said, awkwardly smiling. I pulled the keys out and stepped out of the car. "Is this your first time watching one of these?" "Yeah. I don't feel as excited as I thought I would." "I'm not sure, but probably because two different guys think you're coming for them." She says sarcastically. As we walked in, we were greeted by a woman. "5 dollars per student." She looked very annoyed. Probably because she doesn't want to spend her afternoon selling tickets. "Shit, I didn't know we needed to pay." I whispered to Madi. "Oh, it's fine. I'll pay for you." "Oh my gosh, thank you. I'll pay you back." Paid pulled out a ten-dollar bill before handing it to the lady. She placed the money in her box as she shushed us away. "Lela!" Chris yelled from the field. "I'm going to the top of the bleachers. Go talk to man number one first." She jokes. I playfully hit her arm. I walked over to the fence where Chris was standing. He looked so good in his uniform. He stood with his legs apart and both his hands holding his collar. "You came." "Obviously." I said, rolling my eyes. Chris stood there silently. "Don't play around, Lela. You're lucky I'm even talking to you in public." "What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Chris, don't mistake me for one of your bitches!" I exclaim. "Mmm-hmm." Chris hummed as he walked away. Why did he have to look so good in his uniform? "Stop staring." He yelled without looking back. I immediately walked away. How did he even know I was looking at him? He must have eyes in the back of his head.

I looked around for Madi. She was sitting at the top of the bleachers, just like she said. "I'm back!" I said in a singing voice. "So what happened?" "Nothing. You know Chris; he keeps it short." "Duh, because he talks to so many girls. I don't know why you're even talking to him. He's just going to break your heart. Y'know what they say." I waited for her to continue. "What do they say?" I ask confused. She stayed silent. "Hello? Madi, what do they say?" She shook her head. "Be quiet; it's starting." I scoffed.

They called the lacrosse boys' names one by one as they made their way onto the field and into their positions. " -Christopher Sturniolo.. Matthew Sturniolo..-" A guy yelled from a loud speaker. "And now we have our high school varsity cheer team!" Seeing the cheer team perform made me think about trying out next year; maybe, who knows? Even from where I was sitting, I could still see the way Chris' uniform hugged his muscles. "Anyway, you never told me everything with Matt." "The date?" "Well, duh! What else would I be talking about?" She asks sarcastically. I threw my hands in the air to show my innocence. "We went to a fancy restaurant." "How fancy? Like lobster fancy?" "Caviar fancy." Madi's mouth drops. "Caviar? You're joking." "Nope. And I didn't have to pay a dime." I said with a smile. "I don't even know how he paid for it." "Probably because he and his brothers are practically famous." Madi said with a tone as if I were supposed to know that. "Famous?" "Duh. They post car videos. Something like that." I scrunched my nose. Car videos? What did that even mean? "Do you know what it's called?" I asked. "Hmm, I think Sturniolo Triplets or Triplet Sturniolos. Something like that." Maybe I would search for it later, although "car videos" didn't sound that interesting.

*Time Skip*

The game finally ended after two long hours. To be honest, Madi and I didn't even watch the game. The whole time, we gossiped and talked about how good the guys on the team looked. "I might have to transfer to whatever school that is." Madi says, playfully biting her lip. "And our winner for our first game is... our school!" A man yelled from the speaker. Immediately, our team began running across the field. Some people from the stands stood up to cheer, but definitely not me. "Should I go talk to Chris?" "But what if Matt sees you?" Madi asks. "Well, too bad, I guess." I said standing up. I walked down the bleachers and made my way to the team. I looked for Chris until I finally spotted him. "Congrats, you played good." "Thanks, Lela. Did I look good?" I smiled. "You always do." Chris smirked, just like he always did. Chris placed his arm around my shoulders while he talked to his friends. "Alright, man, I'll see you later." He said before walking away, leading me with him. "Can I come over tonight?" "What time?" I asked. "Right now? I just need to shower first." "Okay, yeah." "Oh, wait here. I have something for you." Chris said before jogging away.

I stood around as I waited for Chris to come back. Suddenly, someone walking past bumped into my shoulder. I quickly turned around to see who it was. Victoria. "Seriously? You're so childish." I scoff. "Childish? Maybe don't talk to my man then." "Your man?" I laughed. "Baby, if he was your man, he wouldn't be sleeping in my bed." I continued. Her mouth dropped before she immediately slapped me. Before I could even react, a guy from the opposing team pulled me back. "Aye, aye!" "Are you fucking kidding me?" I said while trying to get out of his grasp. Victoria rolled her eyes before walking away. The guy continued to hold me back before Madi came. "What the fuck just happened?" She yelled in confusion. The guy finally let go of me after I was able to push him off. " I was waiting for Chris, and she bumped into me, talking about leave Chris alone." I was pissed. I felt my face getting hot, and my adrenaline was through the roof. I hate her. It's not even my fault Chris didn't want her over me. I saw Matt walking over to us, holding something in his hands. "One, okay, you need to calm down. Two, Chris is coming." "Chris is coming? No, no, no, Matt is coming!" I said panicking. "Lela." Chris said in a soft voice. I slowly turned around, and there Chris stood, holding a sign and flowers. Specifically pink flowers. The sign read, "Let's make it official; will you be my girlfriend?" "Wait," I heard slowly from behind us. It was Matt, and there he stood, also holding a sign with flowers. Purple flowers. I paused. I looked at Chris, then at Matt, and then at Madi. Madi's mouth was dropped, and so was mine. "Uhm." I said awkwardly. "Lela?" Matt said. Chris laughed. "I told you to stop talking to him." Chris said with a cold face. "Seriously?" Matt said while putting the sign down. "Whatever." He said while walking away. I looked over at Chris. "Keep it, I guess. Don't talk to me anymore, Lela. I thought you were finally the one who changed me." He said as he placed the flowers in my arms and walked away. I turned to Madi with tears in my eyes. "Lela, honey, you cheated, and you're crying?" I leaned into her chest. She wrapped her arms around me. I didn't even know why I was crying. Like Madi said, I cheated, but I'm crying. Maybe it was because I just lost Chris. Or maybe because I was caught. Whatever it was, I didn't know. "Can you take me home?" Madi nodded.

We awkwardly walked to the car, and the ride home was silent. "Bye, Lela. Please don't do anything stupid like texting him or something." She said. "I won't." I got out of the car and walked up my driveway. I went straight to my room and into my bed. I immediately began crying. I held the flowers in my hand and cried with my face in them. I remembered what Madi said about their YouTube, so I decided to check it out since that would be the closest I could get to talking to them again. I fell asleep while crying, holding the flowers, and watching their videos.

————————————————————————
FINALLY BACK!! Sorry I keep going ghost on y'all.

Thoughts on the chapter?
New chapter ideas?

Votes are appreciated!

word count: 1403
2/3/24