Ch. 2 Unexpected News

Here are our main leads' aesthetics:

Do you like them? Comment if you do!

****

Naina reached the hospital with the help of her friend Aryan. Walking to the receptionist, they asked the whereabouts of her father. They got to know that he was in the emergency ward and rushed there. Upon reaching there, they saw Naina's mother sitting on a chair with her head hung low and her hands joined together.

"Mumma!"

Swetha looked up to see her daughter approaching her with Aryan trailing behind her. "Naina..."

Naina embraced her mother tightly. "Mumma, you are okay. Thank god but where is Papa? Is he okay?" She asked with concern lacing her voice. Swetha broke down at the question, fresh tears spilling from her soft brown eyes. "Maa...kya hua?"

(Maa...what happened?)

"Your d-dad has l-lung ca-cancer. Stage 3."

As soon as those words left from her mouth, Naina felt as if her world had stopped. Cancer? That too her father? But how? He always kept himself healthy and even exercised sometimes. "M-mumma, are you telling the truth?"

Her mother nodded her head. Naina's eyes welled up and she hugged Swetha tighter. "But how? He always had an healthy diet."

"You don't know but your father s-smokes at least 3 times a day. I caught him once and told him to stop but he was a-addicted and did it behind my back. Do you remember him c-coughing a week ago and him being always short of breath? That was because of the d-damage those c-cigarettes had done to his lungs. Today it got w-worse and he co-collapsed. I had to rush him to the hospital only to find that he has c-cancer."

Just then a doctor came out of the room and stood in front of them. Aryan who had gone to get some water came back and handed the two woman a bottle of water each. He sat down next to Naina.

"I need to talk about his treatment. He will need to have a chemotherapy done to kill the cancerous cells completely. For that you will have to pay around 15 lakhs and we will start his treatment in a months." The doctor said monotonously with a straight face.