Chapter 1

Gemma was talking to one of mothers. She just let the teacher take Cady and was watching the children. Holly showed Gemma her son, Brandon, who was older than other kids. 

- Oh, my God, how old is he? - Gemma asked suprised. 

- He's grown up last time, but... he's actually a quite sensitive little soul. - Holly turned to the boy. - Brandon, honey, wre you warmed enough? Do you need your hat? 

Brandon turned to his mother. 

- Thanks, mom, I don't. - he aswered. 

The woman was a little bit worried, but she understood the boy. 

- Alright, as you wish. - she said and then continued talking to Cady's aunt. 

************* 

When children got into teams, the teacher told them to pick chestnuts in the forest. Cady ended up being with Brandon. The girl was quite afraid of him, because he looked scary, but she was hoping that he would be worth to make friends with. Cady went with other groups, but there was no Brandon. The girl decided to wait for the boy. When she was in the forest, she started grabbing chestnuts. Suddenly Brandon picked one for her. 

- Oh, I'm sorry. - the boy said. - Here. You can have it. Careful. It's spiky. 

Cady held out her hand to take the chestnut from him and Brandon let her. 

- Thanks. - she said greatfully. Brandon smiled at her. 

- You're welcome. Your name's Cady, right? 

- Yeah. And you're Brandon? - the boy nodded. - It's nice to meet you. 

- You too. 

- Why did you look so scary? - the girl was really curious. Brandon grew sad. 

- It's just... I don't have any friends and I wish I'd have one. I'm shy. 

Cady looked at him sympathetically. 

- I'm sorry. - suddenly she brightened up. - I can be your friend. 

The boy was really suprised, but happy. 

- Really? 

- Of course. You're a very nice boy, Brandon. 

- Thank you, Cady. 

Both kids laughed happily. Cady started to think that Brandon wasn't that scary. She already liked him. And the boy was so glad that finally some kid was nice to him. Both of them were happy to meet each other.