Chapter 3

Cady and Brandon were very close to where adults were. They're conversation was pleasure for each other. 

- Why did you came here with your aunt? Are your parents going somewhere? - Brandon asked curious. 

Cady grew sad. 

- It's just... I don't wanna talk about this. - they both stopped. Brandon looked at Cady suprised. 

- Why? Don't they love you?

- Oh, they do. Or rather... they did. 

- Are you sure you don't wanna talk about this? Maybe I can help. 

A few tears ran down Cady's cheeks. When she remembered that she wouldn't be able to see her Mom and Dad anymore, her despair grew. It was very difficult for her. She remembered M3GAN, but there was something wrong with her. She trusted Brandon. 

- This happened a few weeks ago. Me, Mom and Dad were going to ski trip. I was really excited, and I couldn't wait. On our way to the hotel... - Cady started to weeping. - we had a car accident. The next thing I remember was that I woke up in the hospital. The doctor told me that Mom and Dad are dead. I felt like... my entire world comes apart. I... can't stand that I won't be able to spend any of this wonderful moments with them. I miss them so much. 

Brandon looked at Cady sympathetically. He felt sorry for his new friend. He never knew how does it feel to lost your parents, because his father left him, when he was a baby. He didn't know him and he didn't want to know him. Despite the fact that he had his mom, he was imagining how awful that is to lost both father and mother. 

- And your aunt adopted you? - he asked to make sure. Cady nodded weeping her tears away. - I didn't know, I... I'm sorry. 

- No, it's okay. I appreciate your desire to help. - Brandon and Cady smiled misty. - And what about you? Did your dad die too? 

- No. He left me and my mom for another woman. Mom was despaired for a long time, and she even wanted to kil herself. The only thing that stopped her was me. I was a baby and my mom didn't want to left me. She really loves me. 

Cady nodded. 

- It's nice to hear that. You must love your mom too. 

- With all my heart. 

They smiled at each other once again. They felt like they're very close to each other. Talking was something like a therapy for them after the trauma they both experienced. 

*************

They were walking through the forest for a few minutes, and then they reached the place where adults was. They noticed Holly and Gemma and ran to them. 

- Gemma! 

- Mom! 

The women noticed both children. Gemma and Holly were suprised by seeing Brandon holding M3GAN. 

- Woah, woah, woah. Why is Brandon holding her, Cady? - Gemma asked suprised and a little bit frustrated. 

- We were in the forest talking when suddenly we noticed her. We don't know why and how did she appear there. We wanted to talk to her too, but she didn't react. Can you help us? - Cady explained and asked

- Wait a sec. Did she walk by herself, following you both? 

- We don't know, but probably yeah. But she's safe and sound, no one except us saw her. Don't worry, Gemma. 

Gemma signed. 

- Okay. What do you need help with? - she asked. 

- Can you turn her on? Or check her battery? Brandon wants to see what she's capable of. 

- Her battery is charged fully, Cady, I checked it in the morning. But, if she really didn't react, then let me check. - Brandon put M3GAN down. - M3GAN, turn on. 

The doll started moving. 

- Yes, Gemma? 

- Why did you didn't react when Cady and Brandon were talking to you? 

- I'm sorry, Cady. I don't remember this moment. 

Cady smiled. 

- It's okay, M3GAN, we were just worried about you. Gemma, why does she not remember the moment we were talking to her?

Gemma wanted to asnwer, but M3GAN interrupted her. 

- It's nothing important, Cady. There's something wrong with my protocols. Gemma for sure will be able to fix me. Right, Gemma? 

Gemma hesitited. 

- Yeah...

Brandon and Holly were very suprised and impressed by M3GAN's skills. 

- Wow. - the boy said. - She's like a real girl. 

- She's actually a working prototype, but she's doing... extremely well, so... - Gemma turned to Holly. - Don't worry, she's safe for your son. 

Holly nodded. 

- That's seriously cool. - she delighted. 

- Hey, Cady. - Brandon asked the girl. - Don't you and your aunt want to come to our house? - Cady brightened up. 

- Of course! 

- Mom? 

- Gemma? 

The women thought for a moment. 

- I would be very honored to bequest you both. I made a delicios strawberry cake. May you wanna try, talk and see our house? 

Gemma wasn't sure. 

- I should be at work with the doll... - she saw Cady begging. - But yeah. We can go to you. 

- Thank you, Gemma! - Cady said and hugged her aunt. - You're the best aunt in the world!

Gemma smiled and hugged her niece back. 

- You're welcome, Cady. 

Brandon and Cady were really happy to know each other. Holly and Gemma were also happy for the kids to befriend each other. Only M3GAN wasn't happy. She was angry and jealous. She needs to come up with a plan how to get rid of Brandon. How to have Cady only for herself.