Self care night

It had been another week since their walk in the park, Lucas' contact had quieted back down as his work load increased yet again. She was supposed to be seeing him tonight as it's Friday, but he text her earlier to cancel.

He said he had to work late again, and that he had a meeting tomorrow morning too. He apologised, and said it was due to his important meeting he had last Monday.

So, Maya was on her way home. Riley was out tonight at Farkles so she had the house to herself, she didn't mind having the apartment to herself. She decided on just doing a self care night, putting a hair mask in as well as a face mask.

She ran the bath, filling it with foamy bubbles and hot water. She had her laptop resting on the side of it, watching her show as she soaked in the water, a glass of wine in her hand, and the bottle beside her.

She was perfectly happy, of course she would have liked to see Lucas but she understands he's busy.

After a few glasses of wine and a hour and a bit in the bath, she was ready to get out. She moisturised, and got into her pyjamas and climbed into bed. It was 9.30, Lucas probably just got home.

For some reason she was exhausted, the stress of the week catching up to her on her only free time. She decided to just go to sleep, she finds when she's not seeing Lucas or Riley that she just wishes the weekend away so that she can be busy with work. She likes to keep moving.

By the time she awoke on Saturday morning, she reached for her phone and scrolled through her notifications,

Lucas <3,
Morning baby x

she smiled at the notification, replying with a simple good morning before getting up and ready. She showered, dressing in yoga pants and a define jacket. She decided she was going to deep clean the house for the day. It was due for a clean.

She started with her wardrobes first of all, anything she didn't reach for she packed into bags to be donated. She cleaned all surfaces, in and on things, every bathroom smelt like bleach and the living room and kitchen smelt like lavender surface cleaner.

"Jeez. I don't think we've cleaned it this well in months" Riley's faint voice caught the blondes attention "hey guys!" Maya entered the room to see her friend and Farkle "it looks good" he stated, glancing around the room.

Maya took a deep breath "we hadn't cleaned in ages, plus Lucas is working and..oh look you took my friend.." Maya joked gesturing to the two. They laughed "fair enough, it was due" riley sat on the couch tiredly

"No I've just cleaned that don't sit there" Maya pulled her friend back up off the couch, readjusting the pillows "hey why don't you have to work?" Maya questioned the boy

He shrugged, "Not the CEO. Don't have to make as many decisions" he smiled happily. Maya nodded, distracting herself back with the cleaning.

"Lucas says he misses you" Farkle spoke up after a few minutes, his phone in his hand "aw..that's nice" she smiled briefly, she thought that was cute. "Is it not about time you guys just like get married and have 6 kids? You obsessed with each other" Riley joked

"We are not" Maya laughed back. Farkle tilted his head "you guys kinda are" he agreed. "What and you aren't?" She gestures between the two again. They blushed. "And besides. We've only been going out for a few months, we definitely aren't getting married" she laughed again.