one

It all started back in the eighteenth century when the thirty-fourth Yu found an abandoned book by a chamber. What's written inside there is strangely unreadable. The Yu thought it might be from another dimension. Probably, an alien had dropped the book for him.

Not knowing that as soon as he opened the book, the Yu would be cursed for eternity.

They gained some sort of power, not an amazing one to brag out. They can read people's minds, and it does sound fancy. But soon, the man realized it wasn't actually that fancy.

They can only read a person's mind.

One person.

Long short story, the thirty-fourth Yu found the person he could read its mind after travelling the world for six years. It was a beautiful lady who's working as a maid at the mansion by the river. Cunning and intimidating, after learning a lot about the lady just by reading her mind, he can't help himself but fall in love, the thirty-fourth Yu married her.

That's where it all began.

****

"Are you the fourty-eight Yu, daddy?", little Karina asked as she pinched the soft fabric from her brown teddy bear.

"Yes, honey. And you are the fourty-nine", the older man chuckled as she poked the little girl on her nose. "Well, I'm not sure how it happened either. But it just happened", her dad smiled, caressing his daughter's head gently.

"I could read your mother's mind back in high school. At first, it really shocked me because I never thought an outstanding person like her would ever like me in secret", Mr Yu giggles remembering the old days.

"So, mommy is a noisy girl?", little Karina tilted her head in confusion as she crinkled her nose before letting out a tiny sneeze.

"Yup. She's noisy because she's in the student council. I'm the quiet one", her dad nods his head.

"Do mommy shouts at you, daddy?"

"All the time, kid", the older Yu smirked before little Karina shook her head aggressively.

"Bad mommy", she complains as she turn her head towards her mother, who's currently preparing the family for their dinner in the kitchen.

"Mommy!", the little girl shouted before the older woman answered with a soft hum, "Yeah?".

"You're a bad girl! You shouted at Daddy in high school!", the little girl brows wrinkled. Her parents couldn't hold their laughter from their daughter silliness, and the father stroked her head gently again, full of love.

"Oh, kid. I wonder who's your lucky person would be?", he said quietly with a tiny smile.

****

Karina brought her hands up to her hair in desperation. Shit, she is already ten minutes late for class, and knowing how deadly her professor is, Karina knows that she might not be able to get back alive.

She knew Aeri might have saved her a seat, and she could sneak in silently from the back entrance. But hell, Karina thinks that old man has eyes behind his head. He could easily catch people trying to sneak in and shoot them his deathly glare. Well, Karina got that two times already, so she won't make it three this time.

She peeked through the class door, and like she expected, her professor was there in front of the class, setting up his laptop for the slides. At least, he got his eyes on the laptop this time.

Stupid, she knew. But Karina couldn't help from being stupid.

So, she opened the back door slightly without anyone noticing and practically crawling on the floor.