four

Now that Karina has Winter's number, she keeps wondering about the other girl's whereabouts. Everywhere, every time, her mind is always asking about Winter. Where is she? What is she doing? Is she fine? Has she eaten?

She slowly starts to accept her fate, trying to help herself and Winter. There must be a reason why all of these things happened to her.

Her questions about Winter left unanswered. When Karina texted her, the younger girl said nothing about it. The secret it so big and heavy for Winter to reveal, and Karina wonders what might have stopped her from telling the truth?

What is she so afraid of?

Their department building was pretty big that sometimes it's hard just to have a glimpse of Winter. Karina admitted that every time she saw her person, she could feel relief washing over her.

At least, she could see that Winter is fine, despite the girl always hiding something underneath her shirt.

Another week passed, and everything was absolutely normal. She heard Winter a few times, and her person's mind seemed to be all right. The whole department had their midterms done, and everyone was just chilling their heart contents out.

Not until Karina accidentally saw the glimpse of her person on Wednesday.

She just saw her from afar, but the view is so clear. Winter face is so pale, and her brows furrow in horror. Her mouth wavers in trembling motions. Her fist clenched in horror.

At this time, Karina knew she just needed to get herself inside the radius. So she did.

What she heard inside Winter's mind shocked her even more.

"What should I do? He will surely torture me this time"

"Mother will be in danger because of me! I screwed this up!"

"Only because I got B+ this time. He'll choke me to death-"

"Winter", Karina finally approached, stopping whatever there inside Winter's mind for a moment. She held the girl gently on the shoulder, "Are you alright?", visibly being concerned about Winter's condition.

"I... I-I...", Winter stutters.

"I got... B+ for my midterms", her voice slowly disappeared with her words.

Karina put both her hands on her person's shoulder, gently shooking it with a smile. "You did great, Winter! I got B- with mine, you already slayed yours-"

"You didn't understand!", Winter swatted both Karina's hands away from her shoulder. Her eyes went bloodshot, and her body started to shiver in horror.

"Winter?"

"If I didn't get an A, he would beat me up!", tears started to run out from her eyes, and Karina could feel her heart beating rapidly from the concern.

"Who is he? Why would he beat you up?", Karina brought back her hands on the girl's shoulder, squeezing it for an answer.

"Winter, tell me", she begged. "Who is this person you keep talking about?".

"I-I... I  can't-"

"Winter Kim", Karina's word came out stronger this time that Winter was brought into a pause. "I will not allow anyone- shit! Even anything... to hurt you. Hell, Winter. I would do anything for you. My family would, too!", Karina squeezes the girl's shoulder tighter.

"I...", Winter shut her eyes tight, tears never stop flowing down her cheek. "I need help".

"Help is here. Now, tell me", Karina gently wiped the tears away from the girl's cheek. "I may be powerless, Winter. But my father isn't. He even offered himself to help you in any way possible", Karina continued.