five

"You can sleep here too!", Winter insisted when she saw Karina already in front of the door with a pillow and a blanket in her embrace, ready to leave the room only for Winter to use.

"No-no. You sleep here, I will sleep on the couch. Mom told me to let you have the bed", Karina shook her head softly with a smile on her face, assuring the younger girl that she was okay with the idea.

"No, you won't", Winter argued, making space for Karina beside her on the queen-sized bed. "Your bed is too big for me alone. You can sleep here, too", she tapped the empty space, looking at Karina hopefully.

"Are you sure? I'm a bad sleeper. I might kick you accidentally, or my legs will be on top of your stomach, or my hands will swat your face. Gosh, you'll be slapped, Winter. You might rethink-", The Yu girl's frantic words were met with giggles and soft laughs.

"I will be fine, Karina", Winter smiled as she tapped the empty space beside her again.

Karina furrowed her eyebrows worriedly. She really thinks this is a bad idea, sleeping right next to Winter. It's not like she's never slept right next to anyone before. Sure, she does. She slept right next to Aeri once only to get slapped back in her sleep after she accidentally slapped the Japanese on her lips.

Karina slowly tip-toed back to her bed with the pillow and blanket in her arms. When she positioned her pillow right next to Winter's, her eyebrows furrowed again and WInter couldn't help but scoff happily again.

"I will be fine, Karina. Come on"

"This might be the first and the last time you'll ever want to sleep right next to me, Winter"

Winter had enough of Karina's concern with her sleeping habits, and so WInter just pulled Karina by her arms, sitting on the bed with force. "You look ugly with that face, you know. Brush it off", Winter laughed.

"Mom will kill me-"

"Oh, no. Your mom will not kill you if I said to her that I was the one who wanted you to stay here", Winter pulled the older girl even more, closer to her on the bed. "Karina. Gosh! Come on. You said I'm your person! You said we are destined for each other! Just take this as a practice, okay?".

"Practice? For what?", Karina's eyebrows furrow again.

"Are you pretending to be dumb or what?", Winter scoffed. "If we are destined to be with each other like you told me, then soon we will be girlfriends, fiancees, and get married. We will sleep beside each other every single-"

"Shut up!", Karina cupped Winter's mouth with her palm as Winter's eyes widened, looking at the older girl in surprise. Karina's face is so red. It was so visible for Winter to see because they hadn't put the lights off yet.

"I will sleep here, okay? I got it. No need to explain more", Karina pulled her hand away from Winter's mouth, sliding under the blanket before covering her face with the blanket just enough to hide her shy expression from Winter. Winter chuckled for a second before she walked towards the switch to turn off the lights.

"Goodnight, Karina", she smiled.

****

When they got back to the college the next day, Karina insisted that she would follow Winter until she reached her class, or until she met up with Ningning. Karina was worried, sure she was. Their college is filled with creepy professors who would dare to assault weak girls like Winter, and leaving her alone or being with her more than ten meters apart would make Karina worried sick for her.

Winter never told her who is this man who bought her from her father, but what's sure is that he has many professors in his grip. He would not let all those assholes do anything to Winter, and Karina will make sure that that will never happen again.