III

"Yoon Seri. Did you do it?"

I have been caught. Red-handed.

"Is this you, whom I am seeing to be manipulating the grade chart of this prestigious university?"

Standing in the hallway of the university building, I was being interrogated by the Dean with a thousand spectators in view. She had an iPad in her hand showing the CCTV footage of me in the staff room without any professor around.

I had let my guards down. Even while carrying out That Guy's errands I had been extra careful. I only did what he told me to, no more, no less, starting from gathering up information about university's secret of student's point management to exchanging documents with other universities to be aware about the intention of the inter uni-activities beforehand. 

I, on the other hand, had my own ambitions to satiate.

Yes, true that his work is of great help to my own plans otherwise I never would have agreed to sign that damn deal in the first place. But my scheme had extra subjects, which I carried out by winning the favour of the professors. On the contrary, he never associated his plans with people in the light of drawing less attention towards him as much as possible.

Thus, if any problem were to arise, the first and foremost suspect would be definitely me. Since, I acted out of my own accords without consulting him, I could expect no help. I have to save my skin. Alone.

"So, this is what I have to envision from the top students of my university?"

I straightened myself up," Looks like there has been a misunderstanding, respectable ma'am."

She glared at me, "Does that mean you are saying that it's not you?"

"It's definitely me. But I did no such thing as manipulation of grade chart. I would rather ask for a detailed investigation in this matter." Those were dangerous words to utter, but I was left with little choice. Behind me, I heard whispers and murmurs interested in my recent works in the staffroom.

"Fine then." The dean continued, "I will have it investigated." 

Silence found me when I heard, along with others present in the corridor,

"No such thing will be necessary respectable ma'am." 

That Voice.

As he approached us, cutting through the crowd, his face became clear. Park Tae Sung.

"I have things you need to see." He stopped before the Dean and handed her his iPad. The whispers grew louder as they encountered the most famous top-grade student of the university. 

"As you can see, this is the footage of Yoon Seri leaving the staff room with books in hand as ordered by Professor Clark. No chart is in her hand. And as for the footage in your hand, we can clearly see that the she didn't search for it. It was placed on the table. All she did was look." I stared at him as he said those words fluently like he learned them a few minutes ago.

The Dean took a good look of the footage, "Still there's no evidence that she didn't manipulate it."

He smiled, "There's no evidence that she manipulated it either. Shouldn't we try to trust the top students in our university, ma'am?" She watched him while he resumed, "She is the second best after me. Shouldn't you give her a chance to clear her name while setting an example for the other students?"

"You sure are ready to bear the responsibilities of the words you just said" She studied him.

"Sure ma'am. I will see to it."