5

Y/N's POV

The day of the ball was upcoming, and boy was the king right. So many requests, so little time. Though, with all the requests i'm getting, I have so many opportunities to evaluate the competition's fashion, and me and the king have the best outfit pair so far, I don't know why exactly i'm turning it into a competition, but I am.

I finished up a white snowflake them dress, placing it on a hanger and hanging it on a moving rack, I say down on a beanbag, sighing, deciding now would be my breaking. I looked down at my hands, a few small punctures from the needles and sewing scissors, as well as being a little dry, but no matter, just the price of hard work. I trifled through my bag, grabbing a juice box, taking a long sip.

An knock occurred at the door, before I could reply, the king entered, his eyes glancing all oover, his cheeks a slight crimson.

Y /N: oh, Heeey! what brings you here?

I smiled, standing next to him, waving, he opened his mouth to answer, but noticed the conditions of my hands , he rubbed, y wrist, pulling it to my face, a subtle blush occurring on my cheeks.

Xavier: Oh, this will simply not do! I Shall get you a royal Hand massage and manicure!

I giggled, he's being so sweet, in such a bossy way.

Y/N: oh no, that's fine, it's just a sign of hard work..

Xavier: Oh no, I insist!!

He grabbed my arm, shouting something to Maya before taking me out the creek, much to my suprise, and to a nearby nail salon.

Y/N: is this really all necessary?

He made a slightly frustrated face

Xavier: Of course it is! You only deserve the best!

I giggled, deciding to tease him on it.

Y/N: And why is that?

He turnt beet red once more, so adorable. He stammered, his eyes averted, clearly making something up on the spot

Xavier: N-no because.. uhm.. well you see, your going with me to the winter ball, yeah, so you need to look presentable... so you don't embarrass me of course!

I giggled with a smirk

Y/N: If you say so, lead the way, my noble king

I offered my hand for him to hold, he Blushes as he stared st it for a bit, before he took it, his hand trembling, he's antsy, how adorable! you know... im beggining to think im a little off my rocker...

He lead me into the nail salon, the ladies sat me down and he paid quickly, they gave me a good, and I mean good massage, my hands soaking in water.

( This next part is only for characters who want their nails painted, it is not crucial to plot)

The king grabbed a pamphlet full of nail designs and colours, flipping through and suggesting different ones.

Xavier: Ooh, this purple-pearled one would pop with your pretty skin!

Xavier: no, no! these teal ones would make your eyes shimmer!

Xavier: ooh-Ooh-

I giggled at his ever going excitement, as he obsessed over my features without even realizing it, he's just so.... adorable..In the end, we agreed on a golden set, with 2 violet on the middle finger... I chose that finger for a reason.. heh...

The nail stylist began painting, the kind watched eagerly, almost proud,he boasted on about his generosity and kindness, and I just smiled, listening.

( End of Segment)

We exited the salon, I admired my hands

Y/N: Thanks, Xavier...

He blushed a Rouge, crimson red as he heard me say his name and thanks, he quickly shook it off, proudly pointing to himself.

Xavier: Of course, I'm the best of the best, the most generous..

And the reddest.... but I'll keep that to myself..

We returned to the creek, he sat in his Treehouse as I worked on orders, admiring the newfound softness of my hands.

Hey, authors note here, sorry for my extended, sudden, unexplained, leave. i've been burnt out, and out of schedule recently, but i'm trying my best to get back in the swing of things! I also apologize for the short chapter!