Chapter one- the girl

Authors note- I do not in anyway own the maze runner series, this is just my own side story that I decided to start writing.

Hope you enjoy :)

The girl was laying there, so peacful, yet she looked so distraut in her sleep. As the lift started speeding up and became more jolty she started to wake, the first thing that greated her was a deafening screach made by whatever it was she was in. Looking around confused of her surroundings, she finally looked upwards and realised that she was in a lift of some sorts, which was travelling upwards at a scary rate. The ammount of room in the lift was enough to scare the girl, although it would have been spacious with nothing in it, she had been crammed in there with boxes upon boxes filled with oats and whatnot.

Looking up again, she realised that the lift was becoming closer and closer to a dead end. Looking around once more, she fully took in her surroundings, lights in the lift's shaft were flashing in and out of bright greens and reds, there were no windows in the shaft either giving no natural light. As the end of the tunnel became scarily close the girl braced herself for an unfriendly end, hugging in her legs, rocking back and forth screaming, her breathing became panicked and she started to subdue her screams, squeezing her eyes shut tight instead, in fear something may hear her, although she was not sure what that thing would be.

As the seconds went by, the girl looked up to realise the lights had gone out, and a crack of natural light had started to emerge above her, she heard voices, male voices.

Still sat with her legs tucked into her chest, the girl burrowed her head into her arms as the boys voices became clearer;
"Go on down Newt, take a look at the Greenie,"
"Hey Newt whats the Greenie like?"
Still rocking back and forth, the girl felt someone jump down into her tiny room, "Bet he's a tiny one look at Newts face, you can tell!"
"Gally y'a shank!"
A strangely familiar, yet unknown voice shouted out "It's... a girl?"
Many of the people above the lift voiced their confusion, most making rude remarks and jokes, and yet the girl still did not lift her head.
The familiar voice spoke again, but this time it sounded closer, almost like he was knelt down next to her; "Hey, my names Newt, you probably don't remember yours, but it will come to you eventually," the girl still stayed put, sat with her head in her arms, even with the kindness of the strangers voice.

Another thud told the girl that someone else had jump down into the lift and a voice spoke out: "Come on Newt just drag the clunkhead out, she just a stubborn girl," he spoke to the first boy whose name she assumed was 'Newt', but then the second boy turned to speak to the girl, "Oi greenie! Get up." With that last remark the second boy grabbed the girl by the arm and threw her up and out of the lift snd onto a grassy floor.
As soon as she made contact with the ground the girl stoof up and ran for it. Behind her she heard many of the boys jeering and making comments at her speed and stupidity. She looked back but alas she tripped. Her head hit the ground, hard as if she had hit her head on a rock.
As her eyesight and hearing faded, the girl saw people running towards her and heard two people shouting at eachother, then her hearing was reduced to a ringing and her sight to nothingness.