Chapter three- an introduction

"Right greenie, this is Chuck, he'll be showing you around the glade 'n helping you out for the next few days," the boy was small, and looked no older than 14, he had childish features and the girl couldnt help but feel sorry for him.

"Hey Greenie, heard your name was Alyssa? I havent really met any girls... as you can probably see... so i guess thats a nice name!"
"Show her round, then get her to her hammock to settle in," Alby hit Chuck on the back before running off to a large hut in one of the corners of the 'glade'.

"That over there, is the slammer, put you in there if you're bein' a shuckface, and that over ther-," he didnt get far before Alyssa had started to question the boy, "Shuckface? Why would you need a slammer if youve got all of these so called amazing rules? Whys only one of the walls open? Why cant we go out? How old do you think I am, I cant remember? Why am I the only girl??" Repeating many of the same questions she had asked Alby earlier on, Alyssa confonted the young boy.
"Honestly? I dont know. I was the new Greenie just before you, a new one comes up once a month, though normally its not a girl as you can tell, and I reckon you're about 17." Turning around to point to the opening in one of the walls, Chuck continued; "we cannot go out there unless we are a runner, but you have to be specialised in... you cant tell Alby ive told you any of this else i'll be in for it."
Turning back around, Chuck came to realise that the girl had run off towards the opening of the maze. Cursing, he ran after the girl, "Hey Greenie! You cant go in there!"

Catching the attention of some of the other gladers, one boy ran after Alyssa at a faster rate.

"HEY STOP!" The same voice that she heard when she was in the box shouted out, but it wasnt Newt. The boy who shouted out reached Alyssa and pushed her to the ground, "I told you to stop Shuckface! Girls never listen!" The boy shouted at the girl.
"Hey Gally! Leave the girl alone. When you first got here dont you remember making a run and clunk for it! Now shut you mouth before I shut it myself!" A new voice rung out into the quiet evening scene, at this point a crowd had gathered around Alyssa and the two boys. The boy who had defended the girl was even taller than Alby, ran up to the boy whose name Alyssa assumed was Gally and shoved him to the ground, "Dont go pushing Greenies around Shuckface."
The boy turned to Alyssa; "Hey Greenie, listen to me, dont be a shuckface and try to get into the maze, youre new so just stay put and do as everyone else." He offered out his hand for Alyssa, but she hit it away and got up himself. "My names Alyssa. Not Greenie."
Smirking, the boy ran off to where the hammocks sat. Jogging over, Newt asked if Alyssa was okay, but she brushed him off and ran off to the opposite side of the hammock to get away from everyone.