Prologue

Mrs. Loobang, a little old woman, was in the sitting room of her little old house, stroking one of her 95 little old cats. She was sitting quite still, with the air of someone waiting for something. The squashy winged armchair she was sitting in was covered in more cats, their tails waving hypnotically. So was the rug, the couch, and the table holding an old-fashioned TV.

"Should be here any moment, Snowball," She warbled. "Shouldn't it, my smoochy nutterpants?" Snowball looked up at the grandma with her deep blue eyes as if warning her. An understanding seemed to pass between them. "No, no, no. Don't look at me like that. It's due any second now..." she said in her quavery voice before relapsing once more into silence. Waiting.

Suddenly, The mail slot shuddered and a few letters swished through. Filled with anticipation, she tottered over to the door, ignored the letters, and opened the door to find... a small ragged-looking box with a couple of postage stamps. Peeking around the door frame to make sure no one was watching, she scooped up the box and went back in, slamming the door behind her.

She set the box on a rickety old table and wobbled about, shutting all of the moth-eaten window drapes and sat down again on the chair. She sat staring at the box before she reached out a bony hand and grasped the little box. Quivering with excitement, she peeled off the tape, and inside were two objects: What looked like a house key, and a small corked hexagonal bottle with an odd liquid that swirled mesmerizingly, slowly turning from blue to purple to a teal and back again. She smiled, barring her yellow-black teeth, then started to snicker somewhat evilly, then she cackled with her head thrown back, knowing that she had beaten them all, and won the life-changing prize...

(A/N: Hello! I'm glad you're reading this, so thank you, thank you, THANK  YOU!!!! I hope you will enjoy the story as much as I enjoy writing! Enjoy!)