Making Plans

They started explaining all together and over each other. April was writing down notes. We were both getting confused but we ended up putting the story together on our own. "So you were real baby turtles, then you made contact with mystery ooze and therefore you started to age from mutant baby turtles to mutant turtle men?" April questioned if she got the story right.

"Mmm they act more like us?" I squinted my eyes. "Yeah I'd say we're more teenage turtles." Leo quickly said. "Yeah yeah teenagers." April wrote down more notes. "This is really amazing." I was really intrigued. "Yes, tell us more. We want to know everything about you." April started pacing around. "Are there more of you guys?" I asked carefully. "Nope, just us." Donnie answered nonchalantly. "They are alone in the world...." April continued. "Wait so you have no one but each other to talk to about this kind of stuff?" I asked as I tilted my head. "Yeah we're all we have" "Pretty much" They all answered. "We've pretended to be on Wendy Williams but that's it." Mikey answered happily. "Wait, why are you writing all of this down?" Leo asked April. "Well, I'm a journalist, well I want to be. I really just write for our school paper." April sat next to me. "She's really good. I always read what she has to say." I crossed my arms proudly.

"What do you do Gabi? Are you in any clubs?" Leo asked me sweetly. "Well I'm in the national Honors society." I rubbed the back of my head. "Oh cool." "Nice." They all were happy. "What's that?" Mikey had no clue. "Yeah sorry I don't know either." Raph cringed. "Be nice you guys." Leo snapped at his brothers. "But yeah what even is that?" Leo asked me, he was genuinely confused and was trying to be nice about it, he treated me so nicely. "In other words. Her brain is worth a lot...meaning she is a very smart student." April tapped my head with her pen. "OH THATS AWESOME!" Donnie exclaimed. "Thank you, I also like to make gadgets and what not from random parts. I am the one that fixed my entire car from the accident. And I fix cars as a job at times." I explained. "Woww are you the next Tony Stark?" Raph asked me with excitement. "I WANT TO BE! FOR SURE!" I high fived Raph. "Yep, that's my goal in life." I nodded confidently. Leo didn't take his eyes off me at once. It wasn't in a creepy way, almost like a loving way. It made me feel happy.

"Yeah I always document the stuff Gabi builds because I think it's super cool!" April nodded quickly. "So you're on camera a lot? I mean you do have the camera ready look all the time. I mean just look how pretty you are." Leo complimented me. He sounded like we would burst any minute from the nervousness. "Oh thank you... but it's mostly in the spur of the moment. Like I usually don't get ready for April's filming." I turned to April with a glare. "You're already pretty and plus you take way too long to get ready." April continued her notes. "Not that long." I rolled my eyes. "I HAVE WAITED 2 HOURS ONCE!" April defended herself as I covered her mouth. "What were you even getting ready for?" Raph asked in disbelief. "Ummm it was for the movie premiere for Infinity War." I cringed. "Valid honestly." Donnie agreed. "It was ridiculous." April facepalmed as I removed my hand from her mouth.

"I don't really like being on camera, why do you think I'm doing all this research on SuperFly and all his crimes on the down low. You see the police have been talking about implementing a curfew if they don't find him soon." April explained. "Yeah and another bad part is that this whole SuperFly situation spooked all the parents so they canceled prom. Which is a bummer." I frowned. "Yep, so Gabi and I have been trying to track him down to get this resolved so you know prom can still go on and everyone can be happy." April explained carefully.

April just doesn't want to be made fun of anymore and she just wants to prove herself. I honestly respect her a lot for that and I'll do whatever it takes to help her.

"But this story is really good. Turtle mutant Karate ninja teens does sound like a pretty good story." April read off her notebook. "Yeah I would read it. Sounds like a crazy comic." I nodded as I rubbed my hands together. "Listen, I don't think we should do this." Raph stood up and rubbed the back of his head. "Why not!?" April pouted. "It's a good story." She pleaded. "But what if the humans try to destroy us if they ever found out we existed, like kill us or even put us in a lab and milk us." Donnie explained as he gestured to his brothers. "They wouldn't milk you-You don't even have nipples." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Yeah so I think we should publish it." April said eagerly. "Listen April I have a question. Now just be straight with me. Do you think that there are more people like you and Gabi, you know that would accept us?" Mikey asked as he walked forward to us. It was silent for a second and I turned to April hoping her response would be good. They were all super excited for her answer.