Prologue

(A/N:This is my first book ever I have never really had experience with long-term novels, so beware of randomnessnand mistakes)

Long ago, before even your great, great grandparents were born, there were four siblings. Their names were Helios, Rhea, Lelantos and Oceanus. But there was something about these four that made them more powerful than any other human: they could control the 4 elements and were immortal. Hyperion had fire, Rhea had earth, Lelantos had air and Oceanus had water. They called themselves The Elementalists. After a while, when they became teenagers, they decided to use their powers to help those around them. However, when they did, something seemed to always go wrong. Finally, when they accidentally set a village on fire, Oceanus (the cleverest of the four) suggested they build a house to train their powers. The others agreed and they went to a forest in a secluded area to contruct a building to help them train their powers. They filled it with statues of the gods and made a secluded room for sacrifices. No one was allowed to go there unless it was a special occasion. This worked well, for a while...

Suddenly, someone in their home village reported an evil being. Naturally, the Elementalists decided to help. The evil being was a monstrous spectre called Hel. Like the Elementalists could control the elements, she could control darkness,hell and fear. No one knew how she was alive, but no one dared to question her, since she could make someone go mad in fear in just a blink of an eye. The 4 of them managed to trap her soul into a single bell, and they put it in the sacrificial room.

After a while, Helios got sick of his sibling and walked off. Then Lelantos. After a while, Oceanus left, promising his little sister that he would come back. He never did.

Now Rhea (who was 15 and quite beautiful at this point), was left all alone. Going mad with grief, she all her soul and powers into the small bell and as she did so, she said, " This shall protect this house from other humans, but whoever rings this bell shall bring eternal doom to this place! I curse anyone who touches this bell, anyone who dares to even look at it will be haunted forever!" So now earth and hell were destined to linger together, trapped inside one small ornament, constantly fighting and arguing. The 4 siblings, who had once been a team, were now separated forever, hoping never to see each other again.

(A/N:I was thinking of leaving it here, but honestly, it seemed too short.)

(100 years later)

In an abandoned forest, there was a small house . This house had been there for centuries; yet nobody knew how it came to be there. All they knew was that it held great power, something that could help, or destroy, the world. They called it The Shrine. Around the world, every Summer Solstice, people would come from all over to pay their respects to the Elementalists.

One day, just when the worshippers were about to leave, one young boy (about 9 or 10 years old) had strayed from his family and was absent- mindedly wandering around The Shrine. After a while, he came across the Forbidden Room. No one was allowed to enter as rumour had it that something was lurking there, something more powerful than the gods themselves.

The boy glanced around to make sure nobody was watching him; if he was caught poking around the Forbidden room, he would be exiled, or worse yet, he would be banned from going outside by himself. He tentatively reached out a shaking hand and turned the silver handle.

However, when he entered the room, he immediatey regretted his decision. There were onyx black statues depicting humans being tortured and furious god whose eyes seemed to blaze with anger. In the middle of the room was an altar covered in dried blood and cobwebs. On it, there was a bell covered in traditional symbols. Dust-covered artefacts were strewn across the floor, and an unwavering feeling of despair lingered in the room. The boy turned around to exit the Forbidden Room but as soon as he took a step, the bronze door slammed shut behind him. Overcome with fear, he began hammering on the door, screaming for help. But none came.

Suddenly, the young boy heard a quiet moan. He paused, hardly daring to breathe. The voice came again. "Help me!" it said.

The boy gulped. "Who are you?"

"Save me!" The voice was now louder than ever. The boy took a small step towards the centre of the room.

"Come closer. Closer." An invisible wind pushed him to the altar. He could almost hear the speaker of the mysterious voice smiling in appreciation. "Good. Now ring the bell." Trembling in anticipation, the boy picked up the delicate bell. He shook it gently.

Suddenly, all around him, the walls began to shake. Statues fell down one by one, and outside the room, he could hear incoherent screams. The bell began to glow and the traditional symbol began to move, as if taking apart a code. The boy stood there, shocked at what he had done.

Outside the room, it was complete chaos. Ornaments fell to the ground and the entire shrine shuddered and trembledlike an active volcano. People were desperately trying to escape, pushing each other in there haste to leave. Once they were all out of The Shrine, a voice cried out, "Begone, foolish mortals! And never come back!" The once-worshippers fled The Shrine, not giving it even a second thought.

The Shrine, that had been once filled with people, was now doomed to rot in an abandoned forest never to be entered again...