Chapter 3- I Got Lost Twice

Third Person POV:

All eight brothers are sitting around the formal dining room table waiting for their sister. They don't usually eat here on Friday nights but they thought it was a good idea for their first dinner with their sister. They also wanted to keep this relaxed because they know the conversation they have to have after dinner will be anything but. Kaison says looking at his phone "I told her we were eating at six and not to be late." "Did you show her where the dining room was?" Trying to keep his irritation down. "Yes Colt, I gave her a tour of all three floors." Give Colt a seriously look. Colt sighed "Then why is she late?" "Maybe because not everyone is used to your obsession with being on time." Colt shoots a look down to Gage, a look that everyone knows means 'zip it'.

Charlie's POV:

I knew I should have gone with my first thought but I was too tired so I changed my mind and it was a mistake. I was originally going to take the back staircase through the mud room, then the kitchen, and end up in the dining room. I was just done with today and the front staircase was right there so that's where I went. The only problem is it's a different route to the dining room. That route is also apparently more complicated because when I thought I was almost to the dining room I most definitely wasn't. I'm now five minutes late and still can't find the damn dining room. It's like the stupid corn maze all over again that Connor, Liam, and I went to last weekend at the fall festival. The only problem here is I can't go onto Connor's shoulders to lead us to the exit. I take the next right then another right and I finally hear talking, please let this be the dining room. It shouldn't be this hard to get food.

"Yes!" I say as I finally make it to the dining room. As I walk in, eight sets of eyes all turn to stare at me. Just another reason I didn't want to be late, I'll just quietly and quickly slide into the last empty seat. It's in between Brady and Gage, no maybe it's Gannon, whatever it's next to a twin whose name starts with a G. The food looks and smells amazing bonus points: it's Mac and cheese with what looks like ham. My stomach immediately grumbles, that bowl looks like it has garlic bread, I can't wait. Not knowing what they were waiting for I looked around to find them all still staring at me. "Charlie, was there a reason you were late to dinner? Kaison told you we eat at six and specifically warned you not to be late." "Sorry Colt it's not my fault this damn house is so big I got lost twice." I heard the twins snicker next to me. "Charlotte watch your language," Wyatt said immediately after I finished my answer. Good grief if he thinks damn is a bad word he's probably not going to like a lot of other words in my vocabulary. "Charlotte I'll let that slide for now but that's because you don't know the rules, after dinner, we all can sit down to discuss some things including the rules," Colt said trying to look intimidating, ok he looked really intimidating but I was just really hungry so I tried to move along. "Eye eye captain. Can we eat now I'm starving?" That got another chuckle from the twins then a knock it out you two from someone but I didn't care because we finally started eating.

That was hands down the best Mac and cheese I've ever had kudos to the cook. If every meal tastes this good it won't be all bad living here. Dinner was pretty boring and I kept to myself. They talked about what they did today on the ranch and what they had to do tomorrow but I just zoned out. I could only hear the words tractor or fence so many times, also they eat a lot. I don't think I've ever seen someone eat so much, no wonder they're so big. Then I got to thinking they mentioned something about going over the rules, that doesn't matter I'm probably just going to break them anyways. I also need to text Connor and Liam, I talked to them earlier but now I have so much to tell them not to mention show them my room. I didn't know how long I was in my thoughts when I heard my name. "Charlotte, are you done?" One of the triplets asked, bringing my attention back. "Yes" "Yes what?" I now can tell it's Lucas who asked "Yes I'm done" "he wants you to say 'yes sir'." One of the twins whispers. Why? That sounds like a stupid response. "Charlotte" whatever "Yes Sir" with a lot of emphases on the 'sir'.