2❘ Sludge Attack

*TW* Brief mention of suicide

Chapter 2\ Sludge Attack
I just have a lot. . . of things I wanna ask you! Personally, you're my all-time favourite Hero, All Might, please!
Personally, I'd really like to touch the ground again!

☆.。.:*°☆.。.:*・°★.。.:*°☆.。.:*°☆

With her hands gripping the straps of her mint green backpack, Haruka walked beside Izuku as they made their way through the courtyard of Aldera Junior High.

The boy shuffled his feet as he walked with furrowed eyebrows and pursed lips. The girl bumped shoulders with him every once in a while to remind him she was still there. She wasn't about to force Izuku to talk, knowing that if he wanted to confide in her about it, he would.

"That idiot. . ." Izuku muttered from beside her, earning a hum of acknowledgement from the girl to let him know she was listening. "You can't go around telling people to kill themselves. What if I really jumped, Ruka? What would he do then?"

Haruka shook her head slightly with a frown, "I dunno, Zuku. What he said was uncalled for. Nothing, and I mean nothing, gives him the right to say such a thing to you, or anyone for that matter," Her hands curled into fists at her sides, "I don't understand why he has to be such an asshole to you; you got along fine when we were younger!"

"I know, and I'm sorry. I mean, he treats the two of us so differently now. He's. . . soft with you," the boy paused with a frown, tilting his head slightly, "Well, as soft as he can be."

Katsuki had always treated her differently from Izuku, though, he wasn't always soft with her like he said. It was more like an overprotectiveness; like a brother would be to a sister. They'd always been close, but she wasn't free from his torment either. He had teased and embarrassed her plenty over the years. Haruka didn't put up with his bullshit though and did the same thing right back at him. She made sure to knock him down a few pegs whenever he got too full of himself.

He always went out of his way to make sure he was the only one who could insult her, though. Haruka was unaware of how many times Katsuki had stood up for her when he had overheard people in their school talking about her behind her back.

They wouldn't say anything bad about her after he was done with them.

Haruka sighed as she patted the boy's shoulder, "Don't apologize, Izuku. It's not your fault, okay? I-"

Izuku suddenly stopped walking, causing the girl to pause as she watched him look at the small koi fish pond in the centre of the courtyard. His notebook floated in the water as a few koi fish nibbled at the sides.

"My dreams have turned into fish food," the boy sighed, his forehead creased as he bent over to snatch his notebook from the water, "That's enough. Give it back."