11❘ Shortness of Breath

*TW* Mentions of panic attacks; Claustrophobia

Chapter 11 \ Shortness of Breath
❝The way he's eating makes him look like an angry pomeranian!❞
❝WHAT DID YOU SAY, DUNCE FACE?! I'LL KILL YOU ALL! STOP LAUGHING!❞

☆.。.:*°☆.。.:*・°★.。.:*°☆.。.:*°☆

The news of All Might teaching at UA shocked the country. The media was in quite an uproar as they camped outside the gates of UA, demanding answers. Haruka was lucky to have avoided them for her first few days of school, but her luck eventually ran out when they caught her the day after battle training.

"Hey, you!" Haruka heard a voice call behind her as she neared the entrance. She whipped around to see a woman holding a microphone making her way towards her with a crowd of reporters, "Are you one of All Might's students? Tell us, what's it like studying under the famous Symbol of Peace?"

The brunette blinked at her, her eyes surfing the crowd as her gaze snapped from camera to camera. She wasn't usually this anxious when talking to people, having been quite sociable growing up. But as the people started to form a circle around her, the words got caught in her throat as she sucked in a breath, her heart beginning to beat uncontrollably.

"Uh. . ." Haruka blanked as she tried to comprehend what was going on. All she knew was that she was immensely uncomfortable, the same suffocating feeling she had felt yesterday resurfacing in a flash tenfold as the woman pushed the microphone closer to her face. She needed to get out of this crowd and fast.

A man stepped forward, his brow furrowed in recognition, "Hold on, aren't you the daughter of The Earth Hero, Gaia?"

That only seemed to spark more questions as the crowd enclosed her more. The excitement of having the chance to interview the late Number Three Hero's daughter buzzed through the atmosphere.

Haruka felt like she couldn't breathe, her mind going haywire with fear at the sudden lack of air. She started to hyperventilate as she tried desperately to get some air in her lungs. She could no longer hear the onslaught of questions from the reporters as she stumbled backwards, only to run into the chest of a man with a camera.

Flinching back, the girl gripped tightly onto her mint green backpack straps with trembling hands. She had this overwhelming feeling of panic in her stomach as her chest tightened. Her eyes scanned the crowd for an opening, but her vision suddenly blurred as she grew lightheaded from the lack of air.

Not far through the gate, Shouto Todoroki's attention was caught by the sudden burst of commotion from the reporters he had narrowly escaped just a minute ago. He glanced back in curiosity to notice the crowd of reporters circling a female student. Shouto recognized her immediately as he watched her look around frantically in panic, her taupe strands of hair flying around with the movement of her head.