CHAPTER 2

It was as if me and my heart were racing, certainly my heart was definitely winning. I couldn't keep up with its beating. I hate this feeling , every part of me wished I wasn't here today.

All of a sudden it started raining

Rains never felt this weary. Was this an attempt to forbid me?, my inquiry to the stars .Suddenly, bright lights and flashes of thunder were directed at me. I failed to grasp it. Even though it was pouring rain, I couldn't help but wonder if I was hallucinating. There is no chance at all that two bodies could be floating here. Absolutely nobody visits this place. Or maybe that's the reason why.

I then noticed yellow lights reflecting over my car as a sign that someone was around. I hoped it was another car that was driving by. But I didn't anticipate it to stop. I was about to have a meltdown. I mustered up the courage to approach the individual who emerged from the car carrying an umbrella in my direction. That person's face was Hayden when I could see it well.

Hayden is one of my colleagues , possibly a friend. When I realised who it was, I broke down on his shoulders, which was very unlike me. I wasn't at my best. I was undoubtedly taken off guard, but I was unable to stop myself. Despite my best efforts, I was terrified by that sight.

"Veronica, Are you alright?" He asked , while patting my back . I said nothing. In the meantime, all we could hear was rain. Inspite the fact that I barely knew him, I was comforted to see someone here. All I really need is someone.

I think he already knew the answer to his question."What happened to you, Veronica?"

Though I wasn't thinking clearly nor was I planning to , i may have blurted something about the bodies .He was also perplexed, yet amused by it.

Regardless of the fact that he was still brushing my back and reassuring me, the floating naives had captured his gaze. We had no idea what was going on or how it was going to happen. To break the silence, Haydon suggested phoning the authorities. "I did nothing," a small voice in my head said. There was no need for me to say that; it only made me sound like everything was entirely my fault.

"I know you did nothing" Hayden said . Oh , the words that I needed.
to hear