CHAPTER 5

My alarm was going off, and so was my head. Even though I wanted to stay in bed and procrastinate all day, I decided to get out of bed and do something productive. As i got up i felt a harsh lump in my throat so to soothe it , I made the choice to drink some water. One sip didn't accomplish anything, and neither did the entire glass.

I heard the doorbell ring, it seemed as though my body was falling apart from the anguish as the doorbell reverberated in my 'empty' house. I walked like a badass and stood up straight so no one could notice .. turns out it was Hayden at my door.

"Happy morning! I have some breakfast for you." Being happy and flustered, he cheered as he was entering my house.

"I appreciate you, Hayden Anderson. Well, I must admit that I am surprised that you still recall my address after the house party", I replied as I took the tiny basket of mouth watering treats and set them on the kitchen counter.

"I always remember the things which are vital to me" He uttered while looking over to me which immediately made me let out a small chuckle.

"I hope you are alright"
"I am don't worry."

We both started getting the food simultaneously, and as I was going to get the delicious-looking sandwich from the basket, I accidentally clutched Hayden's hand.

I continued to hold onto his hand ,when we looked at each other oddly. "I am so so sorry," my stupid self said as I dropped his hand. "Oh no", he answered, "it is perfectly fine". Isn't it so embarrassing??

To break up the particularly unpleasant rest, I began to say "How about I take you out for some lunch ? Perhaps make up for yesterday and... today"

"Sure then, let's call it a date.I will pick you up at noon." Hayden stated while we continued to eat our breakfast.