Chapter 10

I walked through the grand hallways of the King mansion, trying to remember my way around.

I spotted Mr King and some very important looking businessmen in suits heading towards his office. I didn't want to get in the way, truthfully I found Mr King intimidating so I avoided him by entering a door to my right.

Inside I saw a large room filled with workout equipment, most of which I didn't even know the name of, and mirrors covering one of the walls making the room look even bigger. It must be the private gym Leo mentioned.

As soon as I entered the room a thudding sound startled me. I looked around and saw a sandbag and other boxing equipment. There was a boy practicing punching the sandbag. I had never seen anything like it, his movements were so fast and powerful I could feel the weight of each punch from here.

I watched mesmerized for a few moments when suddenly the boy's eyes caught mine in the mirror. He stopped what he was doing and turned to face me. I panicked, what if he though I was spying on him?

Before I could even think of leaving he made his way over to me. It was scary, he was so much  taller than me, and through his workout clothes I could tell he was very fit.

"Well what do we have here? A little Omega sneaking around," he said as he approached me, and I noticed his voice was quite deep. "You shouldn't be here."

I couldn't say anything, but as he approached me I got to see his face up close, and it made me blush, because he was very handsome.

"S-sorry Sir." I cursed myself for stuttering in front of an Alpha.

He looked me up and down, and it made me nervous. I had never been this close to an Alpha before. Even though he was quite scary looking, he also had a kind of devilish charm to him. He had a grin on his face, like he was enjoying me squirm under his gaze.

His looks were also like nothing I had ever seen, he had a perfectly sculpted face, with fine features and a strong jaw that made him look like he could easily be a model. I guessed he was the same age as me, but he was better looking in every way. He had broad shoulders that showed off his physique even under his workout clothes, and even though his wavy black hair was kind of messy from sweat and physical activity it still looked effortlessly stylish.

"Don't call me Sir," he said teasingly.

"Sorry, I-I'm new here..." I explained quietly.

"Hm? Do you really not know who I am then?" he asked.

I shook my head. I was sure I had never met him before in my life, why would he expect me to recognize him?

"Your new Alpha," he said, emphasizing the word Alpha.

My eyes went wide in shock. Of course, how could I not have known. A boy around my age- it was Mr King's son, Felix, just like Leo told me yesterday. He was going to be my new Alpha.

"S-sorry I di-didn't recognize you," I stuttered. I didn't want to get into trouble already before we were officially even supposed to have met. "I- uhm, don't th-think we're supposed to meet until t-tomorrow."

"Whatever, I don't care about that," he said casually. "My Dad insisted on this whole stupid tradition anyway. I never asked for him to buy me an Omega."

His tone sounded different at the last part but I couldn't understand what he meant by it. Did he not want me? It was selfish but it felt like I was being rejected. Did I do something wrong? Or was I really that ugly? I could feel tears building in my eyes as I played with my sleeves nervously.

"Don't look at me like that," Felix said. "I saw you at the Omega auction you know. And I saw how the other men looked at you like a piece of meat. Would you rather be sold to one of them? You wouldn't want some crusty 50 year old to take you home and rape you."

I shook my head, having a terrible flashback to the other night and being on stage with all those eyes staring at me.

"That's why I made sure they couldn't. Seriously, you're much safer here with me," he said, leaning down to meet my gaze. He was even more handsome up close, it gave me butterflies in my stomach. "Now, I need to finish my workout and shower. Unless you want to stand there and stare at me all day you should head out," he teased and I blushed. I didn't even realize I was staring.

"S-sorry," I apologized again out of habit.

"I'll see you tomorrow," was all Felix said as I turned to leave the room, and the last thing I saw was his devilish grin as he watched me leave.

It was difficult to tell if Felix liked me or not, but at least he seemed to be nicer than Uncle was.